corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Help Needed Annoying Rattle

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help Needed Annoying Rattle
gary2097

User status: Offline
   28th Apr 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right i've had an annoying rattle on my car for a while now and i cant seem to find where its coming from and its doing my head in

The noise sounds like a loose heatshield (Metal on metal clanking noise)

I have removed all heatshields from the manifold which were loose, removed the cover above the cat which was loose and also the metal casing on the cat.

I have had the car up on the ramps and the exhaust is solid and all the remaining heatshields are intact.

It only happens over bumps, i had the annoying issue of the exhaust catching the back axle which is now sorted so its not that.

The plastic engine cover wasnt too tight so ive took that off

I have checked the spare wheel well which is fine so its not that and what i have noticed is that you cant really hear it inside the car but it is loud as hell if you wind the windows down it sounds like something is ready to fall off.

I have replaced all bushes front and back with polybushes with new bolts and new arb front and rear and also new coilovers all round with new bolts so basically a new car lol

But its still bloody making a noise.

Any suggestions? As i'm lost with what to do next, Ive had the lad up the road looking with me today and we cant find it we have tried all the obvious things and draw a blank

Cheers Gary
gary2097

User status: Offline
29th Apr 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jackpot finally found it there's no bolts in the old arb that runs through the rear beam doh! Trip to vaux to get some bolts then should be sorted

New Poll