corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Boeing 747-400 Crash Footage

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boeing 747-400 Crash Footage
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st May 13 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder how cargo is held in place, id imagine it wouldnt just be a few straps
Dave

1st May 13 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Did a good job correcting it before impact, if it carried on at the rate it was going it looks like it would have flipped over.

If a passenger jet stalled at that height/stage of take off, would it end just as badly or was this purely caused by the load?

It would depend on what had caused the stall but at that altitude it's hardly ever going to end well. You need to nose down to pick up speed to get enough air flowing over the wings.

Massively unlikely for a passenger aircraft to stall on take off though, even the heaviest twins like a 777 could continue to climb on one engine for instance.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Have you ever seen lorries chained down to a cargo deck of a ferry? It's very much like that.

It's basically a load of chains tied from specific points on the load down to strengthened load bearing rings on the cargo floor. It's very scientific, designed to stop accidents exactly like this.
CORSA NUT

1st May 13 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The most shocking thing about that video is the guys reaction must see that everyday on the way to work.

I'd be like fuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkk!!!!
RichR
Premium Member

1st May 13 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:

Have you ever seen lorries chained down to a cargo deck of a ferry? It's very much like that.

It's basically a load of chains tied from specific points on the load down to strengthened load bearing rings on the cargo floor. It's very scientific, designed to stop accidents exactly like this.

I was surprised at how little securing was used when we transported 4xcoastguard boats to the Middle East on the Antonov (225?!) plus the spares kits were simply put on the open decks and not secured to the boat and hence not secured at all. I'm sure they know what they're doing but I was surprised
Adster

3rd May 13 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Despite the fact there would have been a few moments when the crew knew they were buggered, at least it would have been an instant death.

Probably not nearly instant enough.

Plus the knowing about it would have felt like an eternity.

Poor bastards. Horribly killed, just doing one's job... shitting hell, ultimate suckfest.

Boeing (and other manufacturers) built in shaking yokes to warn pilots when the airspeed is getting low. I'd imagine that the thing would be going mental in this state!

Airbus have a different approach with the fly-by-wire system as the controls are opperated by a joy-stick and think it was proven that it is pretty much impossible to stall them. Sure i saw a video of iron maidens lead singer bruce flying an airbus A320 into a stall and the thing didnt even drop!
Dave

3rd May 13 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No amount of electronic trickery could save this one though.
chrex

3rd May 13 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, they are coming out of Bagram - so its a combat take off...using a high angle of attack and full power so they can hard target off the runway and get out of range of any RPG's or small arms fire.

Makes sense that cargo moved about and unbalanced it though. Is a bad incident.
Kerry

3rd May 13 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:

I was surprised at how little securing was used when we transported 4xcoastguard boats to the Middle East on the Antonov (225?!) plus the spares kits were simply put on the open decks and not secured to the boat and hence not secured at all. I'm sure they know what they're doing but I was surprised

I know but have you seen how many engines them bad boys have!!!!!!!
SVM 286

4th May 13 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
No amount of electronic trickery could save this one though.

A quick release tailgate might have been of some use to them.
jasesaint

4th May 13 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RiP

Gonna send this link to a few mates that are scared of flying!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Boeing 747-400 Crash Footage 23 database queries in 0.0069630 seconds