corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Calling all Subaru owners

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Calling all Subaru owners
A2H GO

User status: Offline
10th May 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Find me a car that doesn't have a forum full of people moaning about it.

Find me a 'tradesman' forum that doesn't have people moaning about dodgy plastering they've had done or a dodgy conservatory they've had build. Doesn't mean some aren't better than others.
Brett
Premium Member

10th May 13 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS Scooby threads
mwg

10th May 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i soon realise peoples idea of a looked after car is a million miles away from mine.

I agree with that part.

For example some of the cars I used to see pictures of on here were absolute shockers when you saw them up close at PVS. I am going back a few years now though.

[Edited on 10-05-2013 by mwg]
BarnshaW

10th May 13 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
CS Scooby threads
3CorsaMeal

10th May 13 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think most CS Scooby owners just park them on their driveway and post pics of boost controllers and dump valves.
BarnshaW

10th May 13 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes thats exactly what they do, when you own or have owned a performance car you will have a better understanding.
big eck

10th May 13 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris C
Didn't you get that Leon then ?

Strange you mentioned that lol. I was speaking to the owner last night as he's been away for a good few weeks and I'm trying to do a deal with him.
Chris C

10th May 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks lovely
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th May 13 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think most CS Scooby owners just park them on their driveway and post pics of boost controllers and dump valves.

Harsh. I don't have a boost controller or a dump valve.

I do however just park it on my driveway and do other stuff

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th May 13 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Find me a car that doesn't have a forum full of people moaning about it.

Fair point, same with Hotels, film reviews, food reviews, etc - always bad experiences get publicised.

Eck however asked for any expensive failure points on these cars, and even preventative measures for the well document 2.5l HG/Ringland issues can be £2k+

If budgeted into the purchase, they're awesome cars - and I'd have had one if Cost of Car + Forged Build = what I paid for my Blobeye, but it didn't - so I didn't

Even if this issue is only 1 in 50 cars (no idea what the actual stats are, but I have read of 6 Spec D 2.5's which have "gone pop" and a 7th which has possibly just blown a HG - and only 300 were made, so there you go... statistics ) it was still worth mentioning in this thread, because it's not like a leaky shock absorber which might cost £500, or an electrical problem that might be annoying - it's a pretty expensive weakness which a LOT of Hawk owners are actually BREAKING their otherwise mint cars because of...

Barnshaw you turn me on when you get defensive about Scoobies. I was hoping John's Evo comment would have fetched more drama tbh

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

10th May 13 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get defensive when people spout rubbish and have no idea or experience to back up what they are saying, pretty much 3cm in every thread to be honest.

John is right though, there will always be forums with the negatives, just have to take into account the amount sold and the amount of failures, in the grand scheme of things it is probably not much.

although i would never buy a 2.5 myself, unless it was forged or i had budgeted for that

[Edited on 10-05-2013 by BarnshaW]
neil h

10th May 13 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Could be worse, I was reading a thread on Scoobynet which seemed to suggest all SN members do is sit on their driveway waiting for the car to warm up/cool down.
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th May 13 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
John is right though, there will always be forums with the negatives

Yep, except this negative is worth a couple of grand or more - the negatives for buying a Blobeye are "you might have to replace your rear shocks". Shit the bed

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th May 13 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:

Could be worse, I was reading a thread on Scoobynet which seemed to suggest all SN members do is sit on their driveway waiting for the car to warm up/cool down.

I read that.

My car gets driven off boost for about 80% of my 7 mile commute because it's all 30zones... I have a quick blast on the 1mile of road into work, then I spend the 15mph speed limit on site at work as an opportunity to cool it down. None of this starting the car, then going back inside for a cup of tea

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
John

10th May 13 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go and read boxster/Porsche forums. If the ims bearing fails its thousands for a rebuild. Clio forums with their cam belts, m32 gearbox, etc etc. You could buy a car that's got no issues on forums but its a dog.

Its the nature of buying used cars. You have to either take a gamble or know enough to minimise the risk.
SXI - Matt

10th May 13 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Go and read boxster/Porsche forums. If the ims bearing fails its thousands for a rebuild. Clio forums with their cam belts, m32 gearbox, etc etc. You could buy a car that's got no issues on forums but its a dog.

Its the nature of buying used cars. You have to either take a gamble or know enough to minimise the risk.

This really it's pot luck I'm sure, loads of people on here for example own or have owned Astra's with the M32 box and have been fine, I bought one and a week later it broke, just potluck I'm sure.

Every car has faults you go hunting you'll find a fault with ANY CAR!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Calling all Subaru owners 24 database queries in 0.0148721 seconds