corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help understanding HPI check

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help understanding HPI check
gooner_47

User status: Offline
17th Jun 13 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I just carried out an AA check against a used Clio I'm looking at buying, and I'm slightly confused by the results. Can someone help explain it to me?

Report Summary:
Interest registered against a previous plate

Alert Details:
Plate Transfer
The current plate was transferred to this vehicle on 15/07/2007
R111*** was applied to this vehicle on 13/01/2006 This VRM has been recorded as having an outstanding finance agreement
An outstanding finance agreement was recorded on 08/05/2012 against a Q5 ESTATE SPECIAL EDITION

NA04*** was applied to this vehicle on 06/04/2004 There are no interests recorded against NA04***
gooner_47

17th Jun 13 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK just reading around.... am I right in thinking the outstanding finance is against R111 on the Q5 - and in actual fact was raised in 2012, 6 years AFTER it was on the Clio?
gooner_47

17th Jun 13 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If so, it does seem slightly confusing that they'd advise about recent hpi on a plate which is no longer associated with the car in question.
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jun 13 at 23:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The plate was also on a Q5, which had outstanding finance which came up when someone traded it years later?

Looks like the Clio is OK.

I know mine showed an accident in 1997 on a car registered in 2003 because they were on the same reg.

You can see it relates to a different car when you read the details.
gooner_47

17th Jun 13 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks. Yeah I did read that line but wanted to be safe than sorry. I'll phone HPI tomorrow just to double check.
richardworrall
Premium Member

18th Jun 13 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it just means that a finance agreement was recorded when that plate was on the Q5 which at that time had the plate R111 but now the vehicle has the plate NA04 and all is clear as they dont relate to each other. Deal with that kind of thing every day mate, if you want to PM me the reg ill HPI it for.

Oops, just spotted the time you sent that, if you still want it doing let me know

[Edited on 18-06-2013 by richardworrall]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help understanding HPI check 23 database queries in 0.0112221 seconds