corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Phone Interviews

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Phone Interviews
MJFF88

User status: Offline
18th Jun 13 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone ever had one

Got one on Thursday for a high end customer service job and just wondered if it was literally like a normal interview but over the phone, or if it's something a bit different?

Any tips?

Appreciate any help
Pauly

18th Jun 13 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a couple for different sales jobs. Its very similar to a normal interview, have had to do scenarios such as selling to a customer, providing customer service etc.

Best advice I can give from feedback I've had, is to be confident, speak clearly and don't take too long to answer questions or say erm too much. So pretty much the usual interview advice
MJFF88

18th Jun 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pauly
Had a couple for different sales jobs. Its very similar to a normal interview, have had to do scenarios such as selling to a customer, providing customer service etc.

Best advice I can give from feedback I've had, is to be confident, speak clearly and don't take too long to answer questions or say erm too much. So pretty much the usual interview advice

Cheers pal
corsa-sxi

18th Jun 13 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one on Monday and passed it

Similar to normal interviews, just prepare all scenarios.

I got some note pads and wrote down my weaknesses/challenges/achievements/strengths etc to give me prompts

Don't interrupt them and don't go erm or er a lot I think haha

Think everyone is different but my impression is it's to screen you so that you that they only bring in people who they seem suitable for the role
Ben J

19th Jun 13 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This might sound stupid but dress as if its a normal interview, shave, shirt, tie etc. Gets the mindset right.
_Allan_

19th Jun 13 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or sit in your gruds, scratch your bollocks and sniff your fingers. Only if it's a manamagerial role. Gets the mindset right.

Good luck.
Gaz

19th Jun 13 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A telephony interview is about how well you communicate and listen without being face to face. It's about your potential employer making sure that their customers can understand you, with clear and concise information.

My boss used to have to interview for Indian IT staff out in Delhi, he used to do the phone interview part and told us all he wants is to be able to understand them and make sure they are using correct english and none of this american bullshit jargon.

My tip would be to ensure you have a little cup of water with you in case you get a dry throat spoiling your clear answers
MJFF88

19th Jun 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
A telephony interview is about how well you communicate and listen without being face to face. It's about your potential employer making sure that their customers can understand you, with clear and concise information.

My boss used to have to interview for Indian IT staff out in Delhi, he used to do the phone interview part and told us all he wants is to be able to understand them and make sure they are using correct english and none of this american bullshit jargon.

My tip would be to ensure you have a little cup of water with you in case you get a dry throat spoiling your clear answers

Going to need the water with ulcers occupying my throat at the moment

Cheers fellas, been a great help!
Gaz

19th Jun 13 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one trick they could do is to interview you early. If your interview is an early time, make sure you wake up way in advance to wake yourself and your voice up. Everyone sounds groggy in a morning and you probably want to sing a song or two prior to the interview to wake it up sounds silly but in the real world, they will work you early and want you awake!

[Edited on 19-06-2013 by Gaz]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Phone Interviews 23 database queries in 0.0122390 seconds