corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Radiators

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Radiators
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
19th Jun 13 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New house needs radiators replacing, as well as one fitting in the conservatory

First of all, where is the best place to buy them? I'll need 10 I think and they're all different sizes but would want them to all be similar in design.

And secondly, with the conservatory, obviously it's an outside wall, what do we need to do to ensure we aren't pissing money away?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

19th Jun 13 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a closing door between the conservatory and main house don't bother with a rad.
Robin
Premium Member

19th Jun 13 at 19:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs to be one in there through the winter.
Hammer

19th Jun 13 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used a place online to buy a shitload of rads at the tail end of last year The Plumb Store but a quick Google looks as if they may have went under.

They were the cheapest by a distance, including Merchant's and folk that work within the industry with discounts.
Nismo

19th Jun 13 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wickes are pretty competitive and are dry good. Fitted 3 double panels and they are spot on!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

20th Jun 13 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Needs to be one in there through the winter.

My mum's house hasn't. There isnt a need for one.
Robin
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 11:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does she keep anything other than furniture in it?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea the cat use to live in it. But it died of old age the other day. Also has a tv in it.

Gf step dad has one too with a fish tank and lots of plants no heating either.
Ben G

21st Jun 13 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We don't have a radiator in our conservatory and it gets extremely cold in winter, so much so that it's baaically un-inhabitable. It does have a single panel roof though, made of plastic rather than glass, so isn't the best.

On the other hand, my dads has a double panel roof and radiator and it's lived in all year round.

I remember when buying the house, the solicitor said something about not allowing radiators in conservatories, something to do with making it all year round liveable, although unsure how true this is.
Robin
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently without radiators it counts as a temporary structure, with a radiator it could technically be classed as permanent and affect things like house insurance etc.

Our old conservatory was freezing! This one is built the same, with a plastic roof.

I'd quite like to be able to use it all year round.

The alternative is electric heaters but that really is like burning money.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Log burner?
sc0ott

22nd Jun 13 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When clients want conservatories on the back of their new build house we need building controls approval before they can issue the completion certificate, and they insist we dont put radiators in conervatories (we put in a spur for a lecky heater) and we keep an external door between the house and conservatory, due to it not being an 'extension'.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has an external door.

So, ignoring that regulatory crap, as its already built, I could easily have one fitted?
sc0ott

22nd Jun 13 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you can, it wont be rocket science to someone who knows how to plumb, if thats what your asking.
Ben G

22nd Jun 13 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would happen if you ever come to sell the house? It'll flag up on the survey, won't it?

Ours didn't have external doors between living room and conservatory and it got flagged up, but we just said we'd be installing some.and that was that.
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 13 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate, the time it's taken to get close to completing on this one, I'm not moving ever again.

New Poll