corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Health day: Asthma people - update

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Health day: Asthma people - update
Root

User status: Offline
21st Jun 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Where do you use a neb? They're boss.

I got one from the hospital / doctors from a young age because my asthma used to be very severe. Nowadays it's much calmer but every few months / years I still put that mask on my face and pretend to be a smoke/fire breathing dragon lol

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
Mine got really bad after giving up smoking, my old G.P was a waste of space, and didn't give me anything to sort it out, till he retired and I got a new hot Dr. She is sound at sorted me out with a purple one, for the preventer, which works really well, and I don't use my blue one.

Go ask to see another Dr.

Apparently the purple ones have steroids? in them. All I know if they are supposed to work a lot better than the blue ones. I'll have to convince my doc to sign me up to them one day, fed up of being out of breath from running up the stairs

[Edited on 21-06-2013 by Root]
Gary
Premium Member

21st Jun 13 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Colour means nothing. My blue is a powder terbutuline jobby. Awesome stuff but take too much and it gives you the shakes for a couple of hours.
Root

21st Jun 13 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Colour means nothing. My blue is a powder terbutuline jobby. Awesome stuff but take too much and it gives you the shakes for a couple of hours.

And heart palpitations. Had them a few times from trying to catch my breath with inhalers too much (very scarey when you can't figure out why it's happening and think you're about to have a heart attack)

There's probably so many asthmatics these days because of things like all the aerosols we use on a daily basis. If it wasn't for asthma, I'd have ended up in the army, I'm kind of glad I didn't as it's usually a "last option" for a few uneducated people...that and there's a risk of death lol.

You never know, hopefully one day they'll create a drug that stops you being out of breath at all, so long as you take it. Whereas, the inhalers, you take once you're already out of breath.

[Edited on 21-06-2013 by Root]
Jay

21st Jun 13 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My new one is pink it contains steroids to reduce the inflammation, funny how I come out with two packs of Prednisolone steroid tablets, fostair (pink) and 2 salbutamol (blue) inhalers after being told that my asthma isn't the problem. She told me this fostair is relatively new and it's got smaller particles to get deeper into the lungs and asked me was I happy to try it or did I want the purple one again
Jay

21st Jun 13 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pink one gives me major whirly head, it's strictly no more than 8 gos per day recommended two!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Health day: Asthma people - update 23 database queries in 0.0115480 seconds