corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C CD player change!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C CD player change!
Christopher

User status: Offline
28th Jun 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, Ive read all tutorials, seen that you have to change some coloured wire to keep your stations saved but i cant even get my cd player to work? I know it has to be something im doing thats really stupid? Ive got power to the player as i can put cd in and take it out but i cant get it to turn on?

My wiring -

Christopher

28th Jun 13 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got black to black and yellow to yellow, reds just for ignition isnt it so what colour is that supposed to go to in car loom as as you can see its not connected if it needs to be?
jay.jay

28th Jun 13 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to wire it into a switched feed yourself, most people tend to wire it into the switched feed on the ciggy lighter
Christopher

28th Jun 13 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? What wire?
jay.jay

28th Jun 13 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't remember off the top of my head mate but just test the wires with a multimeter and see which one shows 12 volts when you turn the key
Christopher

28th Jun 13 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a multi meter buddy
Christopher

30th Jun 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still need advice on this
davieslim

3rd Jul 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id start with a better canbus to iso lead i had one that looked like that for a customers car and buy the time i cut it all and wired it right id have been cheaper buying a better lead
Christopher

3rd Jul 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got it sorted today thanks dave! Just needed to wire in the red ignition wire to black cigarette lighter as said! Not storing anything thought so i have to change red and yellow round dont i? Do i do this at the plug that connects to the car plug or the ones on the little black plug?

Thanks

New Poll