corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Dump valve

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dump valve
--ToM--

User status: Offline
29th Jun 13 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put a baileys dump valve on my c20let blanked the standard recirc one off but the baileys one still makes no noise I just get chatter back through the air filter any ideas?
monkeytwizzel

29th Jun 13 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diaphram,single or twin piston type?Is the vacuum source reliable?
The chatter that you are hearing would be the wastegate when gets equal pressure/vacuum at both sides and just lifting off it`s seat.
My rover 620ti did it lots when i fitted a twin piston dv.

[Edited on 29-06-2013 by monkeytwizzel]
--ToM--

30th Jun 13 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mate it's a twin piston because I was told it won't idle with a single piston
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th Jun 13 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

baileys are no good. they make drinks

try a bailey one
monkeytwizzel

30th Jun 13 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But would be nice if you could offer the guy productive info also.
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jun 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like it's not opening to release the pressure. Either the vac isn't working or the spring is way too strong I guess? I would've thought the noise was the compressor stall also, which isn't a good thing.
--ToM--

2nd Jul 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't be able to offer me no such helpful advice as he's probably never owned a turbo car plus being fr ellsmere port I wouldn't believe anything that came out his mouth anyway

Iv tested the vacuum and its got a good supply next step is to check spring? And also how do I get rid of compressor stall? I only fitted a dump valve because I was told chatter isn't good for the turbo but if its not going to work I might just plumb the standard recirc back in
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Jul 13 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe get a pic up of how you've fitted it?
--ToM--

2nd Jul 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill take one tommorow mate basically iv fitted a 3 inch t piece in front of the throttle body with the dump valve on it like you see most, and the vacuum pipe is t pieced into the one that goes to the FPR under the big turbo plastic cover by fuel rail, iv blanked the recirc diafram off with a few washers like it says on the guide on migweb
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 03:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
Won't be able to offer me no such helpful advice as he's probably never owned a turbo car plus being fr ellsmere port I wouldn't believe anything that came out his mouth anyway

Iv tested the vacuum and its got a good supply next step is to check spring? And also how do I get rid of compressor stall? I only fitted a dump valve because I was told chatter isn't good for the turbo but if its not going to work I might just plumb the standard recirc back in

why does not owning a turbo instantly give me no knowledge of turbo's/dv's?
it seems I already know more than you because you dont even know the make of a dump valve you own
--ToM--

3rd Jul 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clearly do know the make you bellend it's auto correct on my phone you were trying to be funny and score Internet points unless you have an answer that's of any use to me anyone can clearly know what I meant your just being an arse for no reason , so unless you have something useful to say in the most politest way possible .... Fuck off
--ToM--

3rd Jul 13 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And before you start with the lack of knowledge shite I work in a garage and have done for years and have plenty of mechanical knowledge iv fitted the dump valve as I would any other but it's not right so was asking if anyone on here could point me in the right direction incase that had had a similar experience etc not for smart arse useless comments, which is also why I posted in the help zone not the cocky twat zone
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Jul 13 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

soz i'll go buy a turbo car now and come back in 6 months when I have a full knowledge of how it works
monkeytwizzel

3rd Jul 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wastegate chatter probably isn`t a good thing your right,have you tried adjusting the actuator rod so it holds closed i little bit tighter or try a different actuator/actuator spring.
As for atmos type dump valve not working if it is all plumbed in correctly and in good condition there is no reason for it not to.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Jul 13 at 08:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was working fine with the recirc, why would he need to start adjusting things like that?

I'm fairly certain the sound will be the compressor stalling when the pressure isn't vented and it tries to come to a sudden halt, like so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th5uDe5fmGQ

If you read the comments on the video also, a lot of people agree and extinguish the "wastegate chatter" thing.

I suspect the problem here is likely down to fitment, assuming the DV functions correctly.

[Edited on 04-07-2013 by Brett]
monkeytwizzel

5th Jul 13 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wastegate used to chatter badly on it`s standard recirc type and on the atmos one but when the actuator was replaced for an uprated forge one it stop chattering.I was just lucky that mine was caused by a weak spring and venting to atmos instead of the intake side of the housing made it worse.
Brett
Premium Member

5th Jul 13 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wastegate#Wastegate_chatter_myth

New Poll