corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Personal Registration advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Personal Registration advice
scotty GTE

User status: Offline
18th Jul 13 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a car off my friend last week with a private reggie. Car was previously owned by another friend who wants the reg back.

Quite happy to give the original owner the reg back and planning going to my local DVLA office to get this sorted out next week. Question is,I haven't changed the v5 into my name yet ( just bought the car to take a few tasty bits off it for my other astra and punt on asap), will i need to do this as the insurance for the car is in my name. If so would a completed copy of the new keepers suplement suffice?

Also i take it i'll need the , tax , mot, v5 and insurance cert for this car. And the tax, v5 and insurance for car its going on a 61reg.

Have tried googiling it but it all got a bit information overload.
Welsh Dan

19th Jul 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its less hassle if its in your name. Get it changed into your name, get your mate to pay the fee for transfer and for your insurance admin fee, job done.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jul 13 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can do everything with new keeper slip. Yes, you'll need to take documentation. Straight up transfer to another motor will be £80. They're actually really quick by post now. In this scenario you're unlikely to be able to put the plates on the cars same day anyway.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Personal Registration advice 23 database queries in 0.0101721 seconds