corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone ever sold a phone? We buy any / envirofone etc.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone ever sold a phone? We buy any / envirofone etc.
AlexSXI

User status: Offline
6th Aug 13 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just upgraded and got my old Blackberry handset sitting in the draw.

Got a quote on Envirofone and they reckon they'll give me £75.08 for it.

Must be a catch?

Anyone ever used any of these sites?

I've used Music Magpie for CD's & Games and they're offer was small, like 30p each but I still made £15.00 so I expected the phone offer to be equally stingy.
Cavey

6th Aug 13 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds about right, there's a recycling comparison site that will, well, compare the prices from different people.
fred7

6th Aug 13 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep use mazuma and envirofone. As long its as u say it is they will pay up. Theres other companys who will offer more but i found they complain about cosmetic stuff when they receive the phone
Pauly

6th Aug 13 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used envirophone a few times, got what I was quoted.

Used Cash Converters and CEX recently, got a better price and the cash in my hand.
Robin
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 11:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, loads of times and always got the money. No catch at all.
All Torque

6th Aug 13 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as Robin, they tell you what you get before you send it off so at least you can shop around
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used a couple of them before. If you use the comparison sites then they usually tell you which ones are better companies to use, as some will not pay as quickly or be picky like fred7 said.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
AlexSXI

6th Aug 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All sounds positive then, will have a shop around tonight and try and make some money!
Jamie Walby

6th Aug 13 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah used a few, ones I can remember RPC recycle and envirofone and both times turn around from sending the phone to getting the cheque/transfer was about a week.

Definitely send your phone recorded, sounds obvious but I know a couple of people that havent had the phones went missing.
Jamie Walby

6th Aug 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Yep use mazuma and envirofone. As long its as u say it is they will pay up. Theres other companys who will offer more but i found they complain about cosmetic stuff when they receive the phone

Yeah my iPhone 4S had a completely smashed back cover but was in 100% fine working order. I sent the phone they emailed and knocked about £25 off their original offer for the damage which I was more than happy to accept.

6th Aug 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always had the money in a cheque and always been what they offered
Tommy L

6th Aug 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used envirofone and mazuma.

Wouldn't use Envirofone again due them saying there was a crack in the back of the 3GS I sent them. The phone I sent was in perfect condition, in a box and bubble wrapped so no way happened in transit/post. They knocked £30 off the price they originally quoted.

Mazuma experience was very good. Sent off Tuesday afternoon and the money was in my account by Thursday afternoon.
AlunJ

6th Aug 13 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used asda mobile for my htc, paid up what they quoted, was a dead pixel on it.
AlexSXI

6th Aug 13 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, got home, realised its a Blackberry Bold 9780 not whatever I was putting in earlier to get offers of £75.08.

I've just gone on www.sellmymobile.com (comparison website) and the best priced offer is £68.40 by a company called www.cash4phones.co.uk so here goes.

I'll report how it goes!
shaunmods
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't bother with cash4phones! Complete con and shit company in general! I just sent them my Galaxy S2 after being offered £113. I got an email saying that due to excessive wear and tear they will only give me £45 Fuck that! I've now had to pay nearly 9 quid to get the damn thing back! It had literally about 4 little marks/chips on it, thats it!

Cavey

6th Aug 13 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to use a company I found on there, but the letter I printed off had a spelling mistake on it, so I didn't
AlexSXI

6th Aug 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

typical!

I'll get an envelope/box from the second best one then
noshua

6th Aug 13 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Envirofone are a rip as above

Fonebank are excellent, sent my 4s off with quite a bit of cosmetic damage and got full price for it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Anyone ever sold a phone? We buy any / envirofone etc. 24 database queries in 0.0107820 seconds