corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Came off the bike this morning

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Came off the bike this morning
dannymccann

User status: Offline
   11th Aug 13 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Typical really, only went up for sale last week. Came off roundabout in centre of Nottingham, 20 mph ish, must have hit something slippery because back just went, no chance. There was a copper following me who stopped the traffic and helped me get her back up again, nice bloke.

Left peg has snapped completely and I've lost part of the clutch lever but other than that appears to be OK. It slid across the road and as far as I am aware didn't hit anything or the kerb. Is there any quick tests I can do to make sure it's reasonably safe without tools or equipment, I've got to ride it back to Lincoln after college this afternoon, looking forward to that trip like a hole in the head!

[Edited on 11-08-2013 by dannymccann]
gooner_47

11th Aug 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idea about the tests mate, but glad to hear you're OK anyway. That's the most important thing at the end of the day. Stroke of luck the police were behind you!
Ben G

11th Aug 13 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happens to everyone at some point I guess. Lucky you didn't slide into oncoming traffic!
nathy_87

11th Aug 13 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to hear you're okay and not too much damage albeit a bit tricky trying to change gear.

[Edited on 11-08-2013 by nathy_87]
Balling
Premium Member

11th Aug 13 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Is there any quick tests I can do to make sure it's reasonably safe
I think you actually just failed such a test...

dannymccann

11th Aug 13 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very funny

I had a look over it in the car park and it's mainly just cosmetics, rode home at 40 the whole way just in case the wheel decided to come or something, Nottingham to Lincoln is a long way at 40.

MOT next week so I'll get them to check it all over at the same time for anything that needs doing. Such a good job I was wearing all my gear, leather jacket has barely got a mark on it and the fabric covering the armour on my trousers is ripped and that's it. Very luck really and wife is very happy I'm home in one piece

Confidence had been dented quite considerably though
monkeytwizzel

11th Aug 13 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you may have hit a patch of spilt diesel on the road.Roundabouts are the most common places for lorries to lose from there tanks after refilling, they must overfill alot!
Anyway like someone has said if it looks ok,brakes work and you have somewhere safe still to rest your foot then you will be ok.
Mate of mine fell off his gsxr1000 a few years ago coming home from it`s 500 mile checkover doing the same speed as you on a roundabout 200 metres from his front door,Diesel on the road!
Glad you ok there bud just the pride that`s dented the most.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Came off the bike this morning 24 database queries in 0.3375580 seconds