corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Selling car

User status: Offline
14th Aug 13 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im going to be selling my car towards the back end of this year but there is a fair few little bits of adviseries on the MOT, is there anyone on here that would know what kind of value i should knock off my car if i was to tell them everything that needs to be done ? i want to sell it private but not the kind of person to rip someone off, shot in the dark i know but cheers for any help
BarnshaW

14th Aug 13 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why dont you just get the bits sorted and sell with a full MOT? if they are only "little bits" as you mention
John

14th Aug 13 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be value of the car - what it would cost for the bits + another bit for the hassle of a new owner getting it done?

As Barnshaw says though, it's always 'little bits'. Surely it's much better to get these done and have an easier sale?
SXIBrad

14th Aug 13 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sort them out yourself then sell it.

Only reason you shouldn't do it is if you cannot afford it.

14th Aug 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well to be honest id rather not have the hassle id rather sell it as seen and let some else sort it becouse says theres 7/8 little bits they still all add up feels abit wrong pumping money into a car to then sell it and probably not get much difference in price but i do understand your point
dan_m1les

14th Aug 13 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I woud personnaly just fix the little bits and peices and re-MOT it?

Gets a fresh 12 months then also so should be eaiser to sell?

Can also then use the fact you had it re-MOT'd when it wasn't required so it was perfect for the new owner as a selling point.

[Edited on 14-08-2013 by dan_m1les]
Corsa_Sport21

14th Aug 13 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just sell it as is. How much mot will it have when you come to sell it?? And what kind of car is it???

Ive never sorted the advisories. If they were bad points, it would have failed. Ive had cars where the advisories have carried on for a few years without being sorted.
Gary
Premium Member

14th Aug 13 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Folk are awesome at answering questions that nobody asked on here.

Post a list of faults up and what car it is obviously and i'm sure a few will help you out.

14th Aug 13 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers will look at the MOT when home and when i come to sell it will have about 6 mnth left and about 3 month tax, it is a Black 53 plate Corsa c Sxi with about 80 thousand on the clock
Graeme
Premium Member

14th Aug 13 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What advisorys are there on it? Depends how big they are to if I would fix them.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 13 at 19:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No way to answer this without knowing the list.

I'd certainly haggle if I saw a list of advisories, regardless of whether the seller deemed them little or not.

That would be the case if the MOT was fresh that day or had 6mo to run, a fault is a fault.

15th Aug 13 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, sorry not been able to get my hands on the list yet was due back home from work last night but we stopped on site one more day so should be able to add the list around 5pm tonight im pretty sure one is a wheel bearing, and think curosion on pipes but been told than could pass for a lot more MOTs as a advisory

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Selling car 23 database queries in 0.0112710 seconds