corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need some insurance claim advice.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need some insurance claim advice.
GTM

User status: Offline
   15th Aug 13 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After a bit of advice. About two months a go my mrs and my baby son were in a bump. Some twat pulled out on her from a side street when she was doing about 20mph.
I happend to be working in the next street so I was quickly there. The guy that pulled out wasn't far from his house and his vile fat girlfriend comes down the road threatening to knock my
Mrs out infront of my infant son. She had calmed down by the time I'd got there but the pair of them looked the typical sponging couple.
Apart from myself his lovely bird and my partners dad no one else was on the seen before during or after. Obviously they denied any fault.
Two months on we have received an email saying that these pair of twats have summoned a fictional independant witness that confirms there version of events.

My question is what's the likelyhood this will carry any weight? I meen what's to stop anyone creating a witness?
If nothing else its just going to drag out the claim. I went round to there house last night I was fuming but probably luckily they weren't in, would have just made it worse I suppose.
Anyone had similar expierience and do you think this magic new eye witness will carry any weight?

Rob R

15th Aug 13 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Their insurance company would of asked them straight away if there was any witnesses, surprised they'll take any notice when one magically appears 2 months later
GTM

15th Aug 13 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob R
Their insurance company would of asked them straight away if there was any witnesses, surprised they'll take any notice when one magically appears 2 months later

Thats what I was thinking mate, just holding things up even more. Im hoping that if anythingnit takes credability away from there version of events.
dan-sport

15th Aug 13 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i had my accident (somebody pulled out on me) i had 2 witnesses saying i wasnt at fault, the traffic officer said there was nothing i could of done and not to worry. Yet 5 months into the investigation they had a suprise witness that said i was speeding, had to take a 70/30 split claim as i was apparently speeding.

So it doesn't matter when the add somebody else in tbh.
GB123
Premium Member

15th Aug 13 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan-sport
Yet 5 months into the investigation they had a suprise witness that said i was speeding, had to take a 70/30 split claim as i was apparently speeding.

I never get how they can use that as evidence, unless these people have some sort of calibrated eyes most people are a very poor judge of speed.
Matt L

15th Aug 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you not somehow create a letter to them saying they are being sued/reported for insurance fraud or some shit like that?
AndyCorsaSport

15th Aug 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same happened with my dad. Taxi did a u-turn in front of us. He tried saying he was turning right and we over took him?? My dad had 28 years safe driving awards from being a bus driver. No accidents never any points etc.

Wanker taxi driver made up a fake witness that had apparently seen it all, ended up going to court. Funnily enough his "witness" didn't turn up. Ended up being thrown out and 50/50 on the claim. Absolute joke.
gazza808

15th Aug 13 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasn't I walking my dog down the road when this happened?

If you catch my drift.
Ben G

15th Aug 13 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats stopping you making up a ''witness'' aswell?

Ring your insurance company and ask them what would happen if someone came forward agreeing with your version of events?

Worst comes to worst, let them get their compo then harrass them for years. Obviously in a ninja type fashion. Dogshit on the door handles, fireworks through the letter box at 2am etc.
Ben G

15th Aug 13 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

P.s. You should've got the police involved as soon as they denied knowledge of it.
GTM

15th Aug 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
P.s. You should've got the police involved as soon as they denied knowledge of it.

How do you mean mate?
LeeM

15th Aug 13 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it to court, see if this witness is prepared to go court. in my experience they generally arent prepared to do so.
and the courts are generally pretty good at spotting fake witnesses
ChazSXi

15th Aug 13 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GTM
After a bit of advice. About two months a go my mrs and my baby son were in a bump. Some twat pulled out on her from a side street when she was doing about 20mph.
I happend to be working in the next street so I was quickly there. The guy that pulled out wasn't far from his house and his vile fat girlfriend comes down the road threatening to knock my
Mrs out infront of my infant son. She had calmed down by the time I'd got there but the pair of them looked the typical sponging couple.
Apart from myself his lovely bird and my partners dad no one else was on the seen before during or after. Obviously they denied any fault.
Two months on we have received an email saying that these pair of twats have summoned a fictional independant witness that confirms there version of events.

My question is what's the likelyhood this will carry any weight? I meen what's to stop anyone creating a witness?
If nothing else its just going to drag out the claim. I went round to there house last night I was fuming but probably luckily they weren't in, would have just made it worse I suppose.
Anyone had similar expierience and do you think this magic new eye witness will carry any weight?

How can they deny they are at fault if they hit your mrs whilst emerging from a side road?
sc0ott

15th Aug 13 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them your baby is a witness but cannot comment until he knows how to make a statement.
SVM 286

15th Aug 13 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let it go to court. The lying pikies will get torn to shreds.
AndyCorsaSport

15th Aug 13 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they pulled out of a side road it's 100% their fault.

Even when my gf crashed a few week back, she pulled out on some1, 100% her fault, even though the other car was speeding. Policeman told me the speed of the other car doesnt matter.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Aug 13 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

50 50 is such bullshit, am sure there never used to be such an outcome when I started driving

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need some insurance claim advice. 23 database queries in 0.0137100 seconds