corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Internet TV box

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Internet TV box
12vStig

User status: Offline
15th Aug 13 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just moved into a new place, I have a tv but can't pick up a freeview signal, there is no virgin TV available and I am waiting to hear from the landlord with regards to getting sky. (Dish, installation etc). I was wondering if anybody could shed any light on these TV boxes I have heard a little about.

Ideally I would need something that allowed you to stream tv through the Internet and into a TV. Preferably with scope to get all of the UK channels. Also if something with recording capabilities and a hard drive existed this would be great. Obviously the cheaper the better but if this was to provide a longer term solution then budget really isn't an issue.

Thanks
MarkM

15th Aug 13 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone's Sky Go log in details for Sky stuff and play it through an Xbox?
Dom

15th Aug 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obvious is to use Sky Go/Sky Go Monthly on a mobile device or console and to some extent, various catchup internet plays.

Otherwise there are a handful of dodge-esque (operated along the same lines as UK Sky cards for overseas customers) IPTV services like Ex-Pat TV and Astra2 TV where you get a set-top box (some offer a form PVR/record capabilities) and they offer a mixture of Freeview/Freesat but it isn't particularly cheap.

Alternatively anything that runs XBMC (PC/Mac, Chinese special Android device, RPi, ATV etc) as you can use the TVCatchup plugin for live streaming of Freeview/Freesat channels for free.

New Poll