corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » need help with my c20xe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author need help with my c20xe
LHT C20XE

User status: Offline
17th Aug 13 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa redtop is running very strangely ive been told its literally everythink on the engine but i need someone who actually has there head screwed on please
right it missfires like mad its not like a plug gone it just goes completely, cant pull out of junctions, its literally undrivable, but it changes its mind all the time.. ill start form 2 day ago, car was running fine it has don it before now but not as bad, my mate wanted to see how it compared to his car so i took it down the bypass and as i was coming up to roundabout it felt powerless at low revs as usual so i turned round and killed it back to where i was when i got there it was struggling to rev literally could not move, the on board diagnostic was reading oxygen sensor, hall effect switch and injector 1 2 and 3 so all i did was took battery off for half hour then it was fine, was driving round perfectly then a few hour later it did it again so i did same again it ran for about 2 min then went crazy missfiring so i took the bypass home and it was fine again when i pulled off so i drove round trying to get it go wrong but it wouldnt, i was sat with car running and engine management came on so i used on board diagnostics again and it read oxygen sensor but a diff code to last time and it also read crank sensor, and this was when it was running fine? so i went to bed and started it up today drove fine to petty station going down my street and it was at it again it really pissed me off so i thrashed the arse off it overtaking a mini and engine light flickered and car died all revs dropped on dash then it kicked in again then did same again and kept doing it till i drove home now its just constantly missfiring so i gave up, i have tried plugs,leads, airflowmeter, re-wired all loom dissconected oxygen sensor, ive got a knock sensor on way as that code came up a while ago and getting a crank sensor tomorrow, dunno if its worth it cos if a crank sensor goes it ususally doesnt run at all, anyone have some good advice, sorry for the essay!
monkeytwizzel

17th Aug 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change the cranksensor and clear the codes,the car can still run with a bad cranksensor just depends on what part of the sensor is naf.sometimes the sheilding degrades at the sensor and where it goes near heat.
john_redtop

18th Aug 13 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of the wires broke on my crank sensor car still ran but shit would hesitate and splitter and felt underpowered I would change it see how you get on
LHT C20XE

18th Aug 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasnt the crank sensor the on board diagnostics was reading low voltage on the hall effect switch? Is that in the destributor? Also my fuel relay is now bussing when the ignitions on so gonna get a new fuel relay and distributor

New Poll