corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wireless sound systems for the house

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wireless sound systems for the house
fred7

User status: Offline
4th Sep 13 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wasnt sure if this was house day or not but here it is. Im after a wireless sound system something i can put my ipod into and maybe stream from. I want some wireless speakers around the house but not sure what to look for. Ive seen the sonos play which looks good but what would you recommand?
John

4th Sep 13 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Geek day
fred7

4th Sep 13 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohhh yeh surpose it would be geek day. Can anyone move for me pleae?
jacko198

4th Sep 13 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sonos tbh. If you want all in 1 speaker and streaming system straight out of the box
Dan
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Sonos tbh. If you want all in 1 speaker and streaming system straight out of the box

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
fred7

4th Sep 13 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they that good then? I want multi speakers tho but it says on there website you can connect the systems up but not add speakers?? Would the beats beatbox be as good?
evilrob
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Would the beats beatbox be as good?

No.
evilrob
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Are they that good then? I want multi speakers tho but it says on there website you can connect the systems up but not add speakers??

The whole point of Sonos is for multi-room/multi-speaker flexibility.

They do standalone Play:3 / Play:5 integrated amp/speaker boxes - you can buy one at first, see how you get on, and if you like it, buy another to form a stereo pair.

Alternatively, you can buy the amped bridge and use your own speakers if you prefer. It's a really excellent system and a doddle to set up.

How many rooms are you wanting to put speakers in and how many speakers in each room?
fred7

4th Sep 13 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was think 2 speakers in maybe 3 rooms? I might go into richer sounds tomorrow and see what it will cost and see the products
evilrob
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'll be surprised at how punchy and room-filling a single Play:3 or Play:5 sounds - I think two in each room might be overkill. (not to mention expensive!)

When used individually, they're not mono - they do pump out both left and right channels, it's just the stereo separation isn't going to be brilliant because both channels are coming from one place.
fred7

4th Sep 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok then. So if i buy 3 play 3s i can link them all up? Going to be around £1k then for bridges and plY3s?
evilrob
Premium Member

4th Sep 13 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You only need one bridge (or you don't even need a bridge at all if you're putting one of the Play:3's in the same room as your wireless router and you don't mind it being connected by ethernet cable - the other two Play:3's will talk to each other via the one connected via Ethernet).

i.e. all Sonos devices act as a bridge - so providing one of the three is connected via ethernet to your router, it will all work. If your router is in a room where you don't want a speaker, or you don't want to bugger about with an ethernet cable, get a bridge and connect that to your router, then you can put your three speakers wherever you like without worrying about ethernet cables.
fred7

5th Sep 13 at 05:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thats great. Will go and see richer sounds later see what they have.
evilrob
Premium Member

5th Sep 13 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazon currently have a competition to win one of five Play:3/bridge sets:

http://amzn.to/15ARevU

Might be worth a punt.
fred7

5th Sep 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would enter but not on facebook! Thanks for the heads up tho

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Wireless sound systems for the house 24 database queries in 0.0073149 seconds