corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Calling the emergency services

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Calling the emergency services
Aaron

User status: Offline
15th Sep 13 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you done this much?

I've done this three time so far this year.

1. Saw a cyclist come off their bike badly when riding over a railway crossing (good job a train wasn't coming tbh, as she was right on the tracks)

2. Old lady had collapsed in the street (at least 3 people walked past her without doing fuck all)

and this morning at 8:30

3. I heard a thud followed by a mother's screems. Her 2 year old son had ran out onto the road outside out house between two parked cars. Bang! Thankfully, the person driving the car must have been going a sensible speed (he was a local priest according to the police officer who ended up coming to my door for a statement). We have so many people driving down this street like idiots, and if it was one of them, it would have been an ugly death scene for sure. I heard that the lad is ok though.

I know people who would avoid having to call 999 like it's the plague, but i don't see the problem.
Jakey
Premium Member

15th Sep 13 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done it a couple of times.

Once in Malia 2 years ago when my mate slipped off the side of a bar and smashed her head.

Then last year at a Sunday league match, lad snapped his ankle.

Nothing overly exciting.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Sep 13 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crashes and fires mostly.

Do it whenever it needs doing.
Conway563

15th Sep 13 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last time I had to call them was when my mrs decided the front seat of the car was the best place to give birth rather than waiting until we got to the hospital
Tiger

15th Sep 13 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twice. Once because a drunk driver missed me by inches and rolled his car at 2am when I was on my home from a night out.

Once because an elderly lady fell over a tree stump on a poorly lit pavement in winter at night and had badly broken her knee.
Ben G

15th Sep 13 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once when a guy either drunk or on drugs tried to run me over. Moron thought he'd get away.

Was driving a black range rover sport with a private plate hardly inconspicuous.
Cavey

15th Sep 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its for sensible reasons as above then there's no problem with it.

Sad fact is that 90% of the population is either retarded, chavs, lazy or immigrants, or a mix of the above who don't think first, or don't care about taking the piss.

I've not had to ever use 999 tbh. The missus gave first aid to an old dear on the floor by the convent near us, made sure she was OK and got someone from the convent to make sure she was OK.
gooner_47

15th Sep 13 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once for a young lad I saw lying on the pavement as I was cycling to work. A few cars had already driven past him without stopping.

His chest was hurting and he was struggling to breathe. I remember thinking how uninterested the paramedics seemed when they arrived, but I guess they deal with a hell of a lot worse than that on a daily basis. I would have liked to find out what happened to him actually, hope he was alright.
alan-g-w

15th Sep 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phoned the police last year when I was on the M8 coming home one night and there was a guy sitting on the top bar of the handrail of a footbridge. Looked like he was ready to just drop down
Dan
Premium Member

15th Sep 13 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phoned them for my 2 year old a couple of weeks ago. Due to him showing signs of going in and out of consciousness. He had woke up screaming his belly hurt, then ran straight by me too the toilet. He then went really white and floppy, missus picked him up and his eyes were going.

Scariest time of my life. Running around like a fucking idiot. Luckily we live 200m from the ambulance station.

Turns out, now we thought about it, and they did all there checks with nothing showing as being out of the ordinary, he was infact having a night terror, and was actually still asleep. The hospital thought he had a fit, but having been witness to his action, he didn't show a single sign of having a fit.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
AlunJ

15th Sep 13 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once after finding some woman unconscious in a wheelchair, turned out she was drugged up and known well to the police.
p

15th Sep 13 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On the odd occasion...

Oddly, very oddly, I always used to think the police are out to get you, but at the end of the day, it's there duty to make sure we're safe etc. I remember forgetting to put my lights on, and they pulled me over (instantly thought I'd done something wrong) blues and two's the lot were on, which I thought was a bit unnecessary as it scared the shit out of me, and it was the first time I've been pulled over in nearly 10 years of on and off driving, and they said my lights weren't on etc asked if it was my car, but that was basically it. The copper pretended someone had gone in to the back of it, which rather shit me up. (she was fit as fuck as well) but still, they seemed to follow me for quite a while after
Ronson

15th Sep 13 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to hoax call the emergency services on a regular basis.

Never got caught for it either.
Aaron

15th Sep 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Badass
Rich H

15th Sep 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once around 4 - 5 years ago when an old bloke was staggering down a pavement from the pub then promptly lost his balance and fell over cracking his head open.

Only other time I was close to doing so was recently on my way up to Scotland when a guy on the M6 decided to jump off the bridge directly in front of a lorry in the lane next to me (lorry didn't hit him, god knows how) only reason I didn't as almost immediately people were slamming on their brakes around me and a few already pulling over to the hard shoulder on their phones etc - kind of pointless me doing anything, and tbh I was more in shock at what I'd just witnessed more than anything!
Doug

15th Sep 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few times, mainly for crashes and fires.

Recently called the ambulance out for my partner with a suspected stroke. And then a couple weeks back when I fell off my horse.

Paramedics were brilliant both times. A genuine credit to the profession.
Although, they might just be happy not to be at the scene of a bar fight. The emergency services have to deal with so much crap its unreal!
Gaz

15th Sep 13 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thankfully I have never been placed in a position where I felt it necessary to call 999 however Kathryn has. Our son wouldn't wake up from sleeping. She panicked (as would many people) and called 999, he came round very quickly as if nothing was the matter. She called me at work whilst the ambulance was on it's way and when we met up at the hospital they couldn't find anything wrong with him or any cause of why it could have happened.
We initially thought it could have been to do with his heart as he has a hole in it (hence her panic) but they said it was fine.

I no doubt will have many a trip back to the hospital with him but lets hope it's never under 999 circumstances.
Hammer

15th Sep 13 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twice. Once when myself and a couple mates were being chased by a group of little wankers with knives after a football match and the other time was when the wee girl my old dear was looking after took a fit in her cot.

Ambulance were superb, police were a complete and utter fucking joke. Asking for a post code and what types of knives they were carrying as if we could stop and ask them politely
_Allan_

15th Sep 13 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a flat battery once and called the AA.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Calling the emergency services 24 database queries in 0.4376869 seconds