corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is it with people lately...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what is it with people lately...
Andrew

User status: Offline
1st Oct 13 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
People just get upset because they don't have the intelligence to drive up until it says the lane is closed. They'd rather be a sheep and try and merge a mile before, causing massive tailbacks.

People pushing in cause the tailbacks because it makes people slow down even more. I do about 40k a year, yeah it might save me a bit of time, and it is legal so nothing is stopping me from doing it, but sometimes it's best not to think about yourself all the time.

Same as slip roads, it's your right of way on the road, but it's nice to pull into the next lane to let someone out, if it's safe to do so. You don't need to do it.

I always treat people how I'd like to be treated myself.

I'm doing 30k a year sat in rush hour traffic. I couldn't care less about pissing people off because i've got 10 car lengths in front of them.

My attitude is probably due to the fact i hate driving after the past 8 years doing 30k a year
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Oct 13 at 22:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not pushing in though are you, the road is open, use it.

If anything, merging at the cones should be smoother, because you can merge in turn if you know who is there.

Diving in early messes that right up, no idea who is going where, that's what causes delays, not driving to the end of a lane and going in behind the guy who has just let the guy in front in.

Problem is everyone doesn't do it, further problem is people who don't do it get all mad because they somehow object to it. Despite merge in turn at the cones being the far superior approach to merging.

I'll quite happily leave lanes to join an empty one, you can tell the pricks because they're the ones too afraid to leave because their own shit road manners mean they assume everyone is going to act like them and try and cut people off from getting back in.

If everyone shares the full road, we're fine.

Too many people driving other people's cars for them.
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Oct 13 at 05:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I didn't push in though, so you're jumping to assumptions. I simply spied a gap and merged in and didn't stop at any time.

Typical internet armchair comments.

Why did she beep you then? Some people, like my wife like to leave a gap, because she feels safer like that. You've then caused the person behind you to make another gap, slowing every one down behind.
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Oct 13 at 06:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

If anything, merging at the cones should be smoother, because you can merge in turn if you know who is there.

Diving in early messes that right up, no idea who is going where, that's what causes delays, not driving to the end of a lane and going in behind the guy who has just let the guy in front in.

Problem is everyone doesn't do it, further problem is people who don't do it get all mad because they somehow object to it. Despite merge in turn at the cones being the far superior approach to merging.

I'll quite happily leave lanes to join an empty one, you can tell the pricks because they're the ones too afraid to leave because their own shit road manners mean they assume everyone is going to act like them and try and cut people off from getting back in.

Like you say, if everyone did it would work, if we all merged in turn. 75% of people get in line, then you get the rest pushing in or finding a gap, causing more trouble.

I don't live in or near any big cities, so all I can only talk about is the Motorway and town driving.
Ronson

2nd Oct 13 at 06:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

That's the point though, people DON'T do it and then you get the likes of BMW drivers doing the right thing (technically) but people get pissed off when said BMW driver dives in at the last second and people get defensive/annoyed and deep their horns.

Although I rarely use the horn on the road I agree that there are so many people that have passed their test, bought a car yet still don't know how to drive. No ones perfect of course, but some people just lack common sense completely.

I have used the coned lane as far as I can go in the past but when you get to the end and indicate over, no one lets you in because they feel cheated out of a space and its not like I can accelerate hard to find an empty space in a van weighing 3 ton when loaded.
Ben G

2nd Oct 13 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
quote:
I didn't push in though, so you're jumping to assumptions. I simply spied a gap and merged in and didn't stop at any time.

Typical internet armchair comments.

Why did she beep you then? Some people, like my wife like to leave a gap, because she feels safer like that. You've then caused the person behind you to make another gap, slowing every one down behind.

Probably because she believes in her own warped mind that you need to merge in half a mile back.

A lot of of people don't appear to know what to do when theres a lane closure. They just get scared and pull in (even stopping to get in well before it's actually closed).

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is it with people lately... 23 database queries in 0.0151160 seconds