corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Motorcycling Leathers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorcycling Leathers
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Sep 13 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where do people recommend for a two piece set of leathers and bike gear in general? I've only really used a local shop which has gone bust and Hein Gericke.

Also recommendations on leathers? I'm looking at the Dainese T-Avro suit atm
_Allan_

27th Sep 13 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to try on the gear at Carnells then buy online

This place was always good:

http://www.mcaleicester.co.uk

Sales guy even tried on a suit for me once. Gave him my sizes and he was about the same so tried it on

I've had a number of suits over the years, Daniese, Alpinestars, Spidi etc.. fav one and fit was the Spidi but the fit is the most important aspect.

I would try and find somewhere local to try on first and then you can shop around.

[Edited on 27-09-2013 by _Allan_]
Welsh Dan

27th Sep 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hein Gericke, when they're having a sale. If you know what size you need, have a look at FC-MOTO.de, as they ship to UK and were cheap when I used them.
Graeme
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can wait the bike show is at the NEC end of November. Best place to try on and get good deals.
Bonney

27th Sep 13 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got mine from Squires in Leeds, There is also J&S accesories, they have a megastore in northwich, loads on display and loads of bargains
tom130691
Premium Member

29th Sep 13 at 09:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
If you can wait the bike show is at the NEC end of November. Best place to try on and get good deals.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

29th Sep 13 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try on local shops, buy online although sometimes not a huge difference in price.

Just got myself a Dainese 2 piece.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
RichR
Premium Member

29th Sep 13 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which Dainese suit did you have?
Daimo B

29th Sep 13 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres so much kit available out there. I'd say just go to some dealers, or as mentioned, wait for a show. It all comes up as different sizes for different makes, so you really need to try them on.

Look for good elbow, shoulder and back protection.

I'd allow about £400-£500 for a really nice set. Or £300-400 for a less fancy but still good bit of kit.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Motorcycling Leathers 24 database queries in 0.0118949 seconds