corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Action outside the White House

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Action outside the White House
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Oct 13 at 07:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So apparently some crazy lady tried to charge the White House and later Capitol Hill in a sedan, with her 1-year old on the back seat.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d4b_1380838413
Just absolute stand up driving by the police there!

Reports have come in that an officer was injured during the chase. Of course, they forget to mention that the cop in question was no where near the chase, when he rammed a security barrier as it was rising out of the ground.
http://youtu.be/MCu80iDid_Q

Looks like the police in Washington DC are just about as effective as the politicians.

Jamie Walby

4th Oct 13 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Says they shot her dead on BBC site. No messing.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

4th Oct 13 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

said on daybreak they shot her dead, is that true?
it looks highly comical going round the roundabout
some GTA shiz right there

[Edited on 04-10-2013 by Tomnova16]

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Tomnova16
Premium Member

4th Oct 13 at 07:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that cop car into the barriers is hilarious

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Balling
Premium Member

4th Oct 13 at 07:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy Lanier told reporters that officers later shot and killed the woman on a nearby street.

There was no sign that the woman had been armed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24393775

There's going to be a shitstorm over this, unless they make up something good.

John

4th Oct 13 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trying to charge the Whitehouse = probably being shot dead. I don't think there will be a problem with that in America.
Hammer

4th Oct 13 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was expecting a lot more crazy shit to go on over there after the Federal Government 'shut down'. There's some amount of gun-toting lunatics in America.
A2H GO

4th Oct 13 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand why the didn't just shoot the tyres out whilst they had her surrounded. Instead opted to just kill her
spencer88

4th Oct 13 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I don't understand why the didn't just shoot the tyres out whilst they had her surrounded. Instead opted to just kill her

Sounds like you are trying to use logical thinking there!
Balling
Premium Member

4th Oct 13 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For some reason I can't stop humming the Benny Hill theme after watching that chase video.

djgritt
Premium Member

4th Oct 13 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Video shows she hardly tried to charge the WH, looks much more like she was guided in that general direction and then relatively gently drove into the barriers before driving off - hardly any damage shows on the front of the car...
SVM 286

4th Oct 13 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
So apparently some crazy lady tried to charge the White House and later Capitol Hill in a sedan, with her 1-year old on the back seat.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d4b_1380838413
Just absolute stand up driving by the police there!

Reports have come in that an officer was injured during the chase. Of course, they forget to mention that the cop in question was no where near the chase, when he rammed a security barrier as it was rising out of the ground.
http://youtu.be/MCu80iDid_Q

Looks like the police in Washington DC are just about as effective as the politicians.

People are taking GTA V far too literaly.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Oct 13 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fpmsl at the police car hitting the rising barrier. American cop driving is atrocious.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Balling
Premium Member

4th Oct 13 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
American cop driving is atrocious.
Am I mistaken in thinking there was a video of a British cop doing this exact same thing in central London?
Might have been a few years ago...

alan-g-w

4th Oct 13 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Video shows she hardly tried to charge the WH, looks much more like she was guided in that general direction and then relatively gently drove into the barriers before driving off - hardly any damage shows on the front of the car...

Agreed, she rammed the bollard just as much as the police SUV did. Agreed with John though, don't think it'll need much justification
Ben G

4th Oct 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

She endangered the life of a one year old child. Why are you trying to justify her actions?
Dom

4th Oct 13 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

She endangered the life of a one year old child. Why are you trying to justify her actions?

Granted you can't justify the woman's actions with a kid in the back of the car. But it appears (could be wrong) from news articles, the one year-old was the daughter and i'm sure situation could have been handled differently that wouldn't have resulted in the kid losing her mother.

It certainly would have been in this country anyway.
Ben G

4th Oct 13 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We would put the mother up in a 5 star mental institution for life at the taxpayers expense.

Better off dead imo.
JonnyJ

4th Oct 13 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben, ever considered writing for the Daily Mail?
Cavey

4th Oct 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There doesn't seem to be any reason to shoot her at all, that can't be it on the liveleak video, that's not exactly "trying to get round a barricade"

But at the same time, why the fuck did she decide to drive off when they surrounded her?
Dom

4th Oct 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
We would put the mother up in a 5 star mental institution for life at the taxpayers expense.
Better off dead imo.

Being your typical melodramatic-self i see?

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Dom

4th Oct 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
There doesn't seem to be any reason to shoot her at all, that can't be it on the liveleak video, that's not exactly "trying to get round a barricade"

But at the same time, why the fuck did she decide to drive off when they surrounded her?

Well it's being said she suffered from mental illness so why she did it and why she didn't stop when officers surrounded her car could be anyone's guess.

Although shooting her dead should have been their last resort, especially when it involves a kid.
JordyCarter

4th Oct 13 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think she should of been killed lol. Maybe 3 points
Ben G

4th Oct 13 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

Wouldn't mind that tbh. Go into work, make up bullshit stories whilst drinking brander coffee and fart around in the city. Sounds good..

Dom, you want me so much. I get it.
Conway563

4th Oct 13 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt

Video doesn't look like it's outside the White House tbh so think there was probably more than that shows
Looks more like the Capitol Building which was the end of the chase rather than the beginning from what've read

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Action outside the White House 24 database queries in 0.0585248 seconds