corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW E30 325

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW E30 325
Sean

User status: Offline
8th Oct 13 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are they like? Always liked the look of them since I was a kid, so think its time I look into getting one in the new year. Reliability wise what are they like and how quick? More specifically the 325... anywhere they rot commonly? Any info is much appreciated!

Was looking at this one which is very tasty! All seem to have high mileage and an engine rebuild x amount of miles ago to..

Christopher

8th Oct 13 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohhh sooo mr millar is alive! Me and joe have texted you a few times! On Topic i love these! These stanced are just lovely
Generation

8th Oct 13 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Site will need a BMW section at this rate.

I like that car though, couldn't tell you much about it, other than I assume rear arches for rust

[Edited on 08-10-2013 by Generation]
Sean

8th Oct 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the only bmw id own, driven a few m3s through work theyre fastband sounds immense just have no character! Chris ill message you
Graeme
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E30 Zone is a good place for info. There not that great on fuel but parts are easily avalible.
fir3vip3r

8th Oct 13 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 316 e30 as a daily driver. They rot like there's no tommorow but parts are cheap and plentiful.

Great drivers cars. 2.5 lump is plenty powerful as the cars are quite light. The dashboards have a tendency to crack so have a look around there. Check the rear tires as most people will go through them relatively quickly. Mechanics are pretty basic and the 325 engine is very good reliability wise. Rot rot rot. Chassis arches everywhere need a good look around.

Price will vary lot of e30 sports around that command strong prices. If you want a project driftworks usually has a few drift cars about.
BenC1985

9th Oct 13 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
I have a 316 e30 as a daily driver. They rot like there's no tommorow but parts are cheap and plentiful.

Great drivers cars. 2.5 lump is plenty powerful as the cars are quite light. The dashboards have a tendency to crack so have a look around there. Check the rear tires as most people will go through them relatively quickly. Mechanics are pretty basic and the 325 engine is very good reliability wise. Rot rot rot. Chassis arches everywhere need a good look around.

Price will vary lot of e30 sports around that command strong prices. If you want a project driftworks usually has a few drift cars about.

Cant add much more to that. My bro had a genuine sport. Lovely car an fairly quick but my god was it rotten Drift wellthough.
kennySRi

9th Oct 13 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also had a very rotten e30. I'm always looking for a dolphin grey sport, they're one of my favourite cars. Loved my old 320 cab, drove so well.
Jerham

9th Oct 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved my old one. Had to replace the inner wings and sills on mine. Great cars.
I seem to remember the heads go porous on some of them.
flybikeslee

9th Oct 13 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that looks lovely^^
Corsa_Sport21

9th Oct 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find a good genuine 325i Sport and you won't lose money on it. They seem to be creeping up actually.

Been in 1 with an E36 M3 engine fitted and it was ballistic. Even in a straight line, it just wanted to go sideways.
Sean

9th Oct 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the comments guys, ill be sure to check over thoroughly for rot! Wouldnt put me off but its a bartering point!
Gary
Premium Member

9th Oct 13 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jerham
I loved my old one. Had to replace the inner wings and sills on mine. Great cars. [IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e291/cupracan/beemer1-1.jpg[/IG][IMG]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e291/cupracan/beemer4-1.jpg[/IG]
I seem to remember the heads go porous on some of them.

Had that first pic as my wallpaper for ages, awesome car!
spencer88

9th Oct 13 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

E30 BMW's are just sexy.
Gary
Premium Member

9th Oct 13 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're just sexy
Baskey

9th Oct 13 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I help my mate race in the e30 production championship and work on his quite abit.

Suspension and brakes etc are all dead easy to work on and very simple, I think if it had abs then you get rear disks as well

Only thing I find annoying is trying to bleed the cooling system, always takes ages and you end up getting air locks.
spencer88

9th Oct 13 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
You're just sexy

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW E30 325 23 database queries in 0.0153461 seconds