corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » broken phone day- advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author broken phone day- advice needed
SteveoBC
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   9th Oct 13 at 09:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just dropped my Galaxy S4 face first on the floor, think iv buggered the lcd bit as well as the screen, harline cracks in the screen and it still turns on and the buttons at the bottom light up and plays the start up sound, as for the screen its black

dont have insurance (stupid i know)

just trying to think what the better option is? repair it myself or take out insurance and put it through that later on down the line??

already u2u'd munchie for a repair quote aswell
Gary
Premium Member

9th Oct 13 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
take out insurance and put it through that later on down the line

SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Oct 13 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
take out insurance and put it through that later on down the line

yeh yeh i know, naughty etc

trying to work out what is cheaper, insure it and make a claim or repair it and take on the chin
Anty
Premium Member

9th Oct 13 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see what the quote comes back with first, then either do it or not, also how long would it take on insurance,?? straight swap, or tempory Naff phone, while yours is being fixed.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

9th Oct 13 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going to take this one on the chin, insurance is near enough the cost of the repairs for a new lcd screen

samsung only offer 3month warranty though (and an extra tenner), another place offer 12 months, no brainer but looks like im going to be 180notes lighter this month......fucking shit cock arse and balls
Anty
Premium Member

9th Oct 13 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

180 for a screen ???
Lee_fr200

9th Oct 13 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you know depending on what bank account you have sometimes you have free phone insurance, I'm an advantage gold customer at natwest and get free insurance on my phone, you just have to supply them with your phones details and that's that
John

9th Oct 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you get free insurance or do you pay a monthly fee which includes insurance?
Munchie

9th Oct 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate sorry been driving... Are you saying both LCD and outer glass is fooked ?

Best option is insurance and claim after a week or so. Should be £50 to £70 on insurance....
Lee_fr200

9th Oct 13 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U pay for the advantage gold thing around 10/12 quid a month and you get the insurance as part of it, only found out last week
dan_m1les

9th Oct 13 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lee_fr200
U pay for the advantage gold thing around 10/12 quid a month and you get the insurance as part of it, only found out last week

And car breakdown, travel insurance, free taste card and more!
Ben G

10th Oct 13 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But it's not free. Thats what john was getting at.

I pay a tenner for the same thing with halifax. Come in handy 3 times so far with me smashing one screen and the missus breaking her screen twice in a month!
JaffaTB

10th Oct 13 at 05:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gf managed to crack the digitizer on her s4 about a month after she got it, still works fine just got a crack across the middle of it, only dropped it from knee height too
JordyCarter

10th Oct 13 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My screens cracked on my s3. I think il be going the insurance way
John

10th Oct 13 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you've got a brand new iPhone? £200 shirts but an old phone.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

10th Oct 13 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh dont have insurance with my bank or with samsung, always made sure to decline it to make sure i im not paying an extra tenner here and there for everthing, but on this occasion i have been caught out, already sent it off for repairs, want it back soon as poss, cant be arsed trying to fiddle the insurance and waiting over a week, then putting in a claim etc

i can afford it, just a fucking pain in the arse, didnt realise how much screens were until i actually looked into it

lesson learned, take insurance out for expensive shit and get a phone cover lol
DaveyLC

10th Oct 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back to the Samsung shop where they will replace it for a nominal....... .....Oh hang on..
Rob_Quads

10th Oct 13 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
Take it back to the Samsung shop where they will replace it for a nominal....... .....Oh hang on..

lol

If you don't ever get insurance you're probably still better off. Its very much a everything or nothing thing IMO. I don't do it on anything and pretty sure I have saved so far as the only thing I have had to shell out for was an iPhone screen which was £120 - not bad for all my appliances over 4/5 years. A lot less than insurance for a phone alone for 4/5 years.
kz

13th Oct 13 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is yours not covered in house insurance? Mine was, got a a new one after a £50 excess fee...
andy_mk3

13th Oct 13 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Broke mine a few weeks ago. I got it repaired with a genuine Samsung screen for £130. I'll not do that again! Household insurance is like £80 excess so wasn't worth it.

Then you think it's a 1080p OLED screen then it's fairly cheap considering.
Rob_Quads

14th Oct 13 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also bear in mind that if you claim on your house insurance you will need to delcare you have made a claim which will put up your premiums. I noticed it when I claimed for my bike being stolen.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » broken phone day- advice needed 23 database queries in 0.0113299 seconds