corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just failed MOT [now passed woohoo] and now the head gaskets blown

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author just failed MOT [now passed woohoo] and now the head gaskets blown
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th May 03 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just failed on emmissions; which shit me up, was thinking huge bill on the way

then he phoned me back cause after he'd inspected the car to find out what was wrong, he reckons its cause I dont drive it hard enough - Ive never been accused of that b4 - neway it turns out cause the exhaust system wasnt getting hot enough deposits had built up on the inside, hes just revved the tits off it to get the temps up and they burnt up straight away.

oh it failed as well cause the headlamp beams were pointing in the wrong directions, but now hes just got to adjust them and its passed - woohoo another year of driving

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by LiVe LeE]

Tommy

9th May 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got mine today
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 11:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still gonna be a reasonable bill tho, i think, I could do without it too cause Im booked to go into the bodysho[p on june 2nd for grands worth of work, and Im gonna be scraping the cash together at the mo
Mikorsa16v

9th May 03 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now u have an excuse to redline in each gear
Gambit

9th May 03 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i laugh everytime i hear about people & their failed MOT's!! my car is MOT'd for life!!

hardy har har har!!
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its passed now, and only cost me a tenner to put the things right. £44.00 in total.

gambit how can u have an mot for life - I saw u post taht somewhere el;se as well - how do u do it. I know audi pays for the mto on all of their new cars - well my local garage does neway, but dont knwo if uve got an audi
Gambit

9th May 03 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the isle of man, you only need to MOT your car once it is 3yrs old, once it passes this, then it MOT'd for life

only way you can be pulled is if the police stop you & decide your car aint road worthy!!
corb

9th May 03 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i failed 3 MOT's
Fad

9th May 03 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf how u manage that corb?
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and to top off the perfect day Ive blown the ehad gasket, although weve spotted it earlier and it shouldnt have done ne damage, its another pain in the arse, especially as Im meant to be saving for it to go into the bodyshop on the 2nd June

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » just failed MOT [now passed woohoo] and now the head gaskets blown 23 database queries in 0.0122731 seconds