corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » De-handleing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author De-handleing
Pop

User status: Offline
9th May 03 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have read on here before about people wanting to de-handle their cars and people saying good and bad things abot it.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the actual legal requirements of de-handling so that it will pass the mot. i don't know if having buttons under the mirrors to pop the doors will do.

any info would be great.

thanks
Gambit

9th May 03 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_620.htm

as long as they can be opened from both inside & outside. but it doesnt say how, so therefore you can do it anyway you like (within reason!!)

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by Gambit]
RichR
Premium Member

9th May 03 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stubbsys just had his done, ask him cause he ahd to sort everything out legally b4 he did it, ie insurance and other means of access
K100RSA

9th May 03 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the mot just leave the window open

one useful tip is to have somewhere on the car, on the outside, ie maybe in under the front bumper, a connection to the battery of the car, this will allow you to supply power to the car in the case of the battery failing completely, or maybe the alternator going. the connection only needs to be a +.

I found this the hard way on my last car.

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by K100RSA]

[Edited on 09-05-2003 by K100RSA]

New Poll