corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dynamo: Magician Impossible

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dynamo: Magician Impossible
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Oct 13 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
I can but I'd rather not to be honest mate
Some people enjoy magic and watching it so I don't perticulaly want to ruin it for the few that do, plus if I tell you I'd be going against what I've always been told

Magicians never reveal there secrets

That is quite possibly the gayest reply i've ever read.

Clearly you haven't read scoobs reply to the "what do you ware on a night out" thread

It's not that gay really, if you were into magic you couldn't go round telling people. When you spend as much time practising and learning tricks like any magicians do. Going round telling people makes it feel like a waste of time.
Ben G

20th Oct 13 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there some kind of magicians code in which paul daniels fiddles with you if you give away the secret?
Dom

20th Oct 13 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just to let you know, the iPhone thing isn't a camera trick.

I suspect there are a few chosen camera angles used to mask the switching the bottle with his assistant.

quote:
Can you explain to us how, flaffy?

Haven't seen Dynamo's performance but have seen similar tricks with other illusionists.

I suspect the illusion goes one of two ways - either everyone is a stooge and 'in' on the trick, which makes things a little simpler, or the public member is lifted (by an assistant) of his/her phone (or item) during a previous trick/illusion (real phone is taken away to be stuffed into a bottle) and a replica phone put back in it's place.
I imagine the first option is the common route, especially with items that can't be replicated easily.

It's then just a simple 'sleight of hand' trick.
So the bottle gets shown around to the audience, fuss is created, audience focuses on the bottle. The performer then asks for a phone/item, again shown around, fuss is created but while the audience is focused on the phone/item in the performers hand, the bottle it taken out of view and a assistant, positioned close by, switches bottles in the performers hand.
Then during the suppose trick, the phone/item will end up the performers sleeve or in a pocket (big coats are a give-away here) and the prepared bottle is shown to the audience.

Edit - Quick Youtube would have saved me a few minutes typing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIzeP2d-o8I&hd=1
The assistant is the bloke in glasses at the back; it clearly shows the bottle going out of frame to the assistant and the camera angle changes as an attempt to mask it; the phone ends up in a inside pocket of his coat.

[Edited on 20-10-2013 by Dom]
Dom

20th Oct 13 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Some people just like to think there awesome for figuring it out and posting it on the internet. (Not a personal dig at yourself man)

No, just that most people grew up, stopped believing in Father Christmas and 'magic' and their interest lies in the mechanics of it all.
Bart

20th Oct 13 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The walking through glass was just him crawling on the floor out the doors
Dave

20th Oct 13 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The good twist to that trick is ringing his phone at the end, that makes me think they must've lifted his phone earlier, then he's done some other tricks while they've rigged the bottle up.
Dom

20th Oct 13 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
The good twist to that trick is ringing his phone at the end, that makes me think they must've lifted his phone earlier, then he's done some other tricks while they've rigged the bottle up.

I personally would suspect everyone (Dynamo, assistant, public member and his mate) is in on the illusion otherwise they'd have to carry a few different replica phones around with them.
But as it's for TV, then there's nothing to say they've edited out where he asked for an iPhone or modern phone or the numerous takes where someone pulled out some obscure brick of a phone they didn't have as a replica.
Tommy

20th Oct 13 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a vid of the phone in the bottle , where a guy behind dynamo handing him a bottle with the phone already in it. So it was either swapped or a trick was done earlier with the person with the phone.

Tommy

20th Oct 13 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1YZsvkUK78
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave

Nope. There's very very very few people in the world that know the trick of putting things In bottles properly. And the people that do know it takes hours to do
He genuinely takes a persons phone

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Some people just like to think there awesome for figuring it out and posting it on the internet. (Not a personal dig at yourself man)

No, just that most people grew up, stopped believing in Father Christmas and 'magic' and their interest lies in the mechanics of it all.

Fair enough people know but why go posting it all over the internet? Other than you want to look cool to others. Pointless

quote:
Is there some kind of magicians code in which paul daniels fiddles with you if you give away the secret?

Pretty much tbh. Will get kicked out of the magic circle if your caught
Dom

20th Oct 13 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Fair enough people know but why go posting it all over the internet? Other than you want to look cool to others. Pointless.

Someone asks a question, someone answers it - that's how it usually works

But if an 'average joe' can work out your 'magic' trick then clearly you aren't doing a good enough job
John

20th Oct 13 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flaffy, nobody in the world can put a phone in a bottle in a way that defies physics.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Flaffy, nobody in the world can put a phone in a bottle in a way that defies physics.

Not sure if your being serious or not?
Do you think I believe he can physically do it or something?

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Fair enough people know but why go posting it all over the internet? Other than you want to look cool to others. Pointless.

Someone asks a question, someone answers it - that's how it usually works

But if an 'average joe' can work out your 'magic' trick then clearly you aren't doing a good enough job

Fair enough. As I've said. Dynamos big stuff like that isn't very good. His loops and close up is jaw dropping though

Ste
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 23:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bottle will be cut, then cut faces polished and 5 mins before the trick he will have his mate in glasses pick pocket the phone and swap it with a similar one

then the mate puts it in the bottle and bonds the base back on making it look like one piece.

then in the vid, you can clearly see him swap bottles and throw the dummy phone inside his coat.

The thing is, we can analise it all we want afterwards and blow the trick, but the guy who was there will be amazed and really will believe it was his phone that instantly went in.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Dom

20th Oct 13 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm still not convinced the bloke, Dynamo is showing the illusion to, is a complete randomer. Rather i suspect he's a stooge along with his mate as i would have thought there are far too many variables for it be performed efficiently for street magic - they've got to match the bottle and get it cut as well as match the item/phone.

But as said, it's for TV so who actually knows what's going on although if it's anything like Blaine's show then it's massively edited and full of stooges.

However, this bottle trick is far more impressive than the typical beer bottle cap getting 'stuffed' inside the beer bottle - Flaffy, i haven't explain this one
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom. It is a complete random he is showing it too. There are no variables what so ever. Trust me haha. Any "in a bottle" trick is rubbish to be honest. I used to do a 2p in a bottle trick. With a randoms bottle and a randoms 2p. Very impressive to a normal person on the street. To a magician, it's shite

As ste said I guess. You might know how it's done and can sit there telling your friends or on the internet. But the guys you show t to in the street won't know and will be amazed.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dynamo: Magician Impossible 24 database queries in 0.0100670 seconds