corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » FIRST CONVERSION

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FIRST CONVERSION
nrogers21993

User status: Offline
20th Oct 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys. Very new to ' corsasport ' so please forgive me for any mistakes haha!

I've just finished my apprenticeship and have got some money together and i believe i'm ready to tackle my first engine conversion!

My dad was a vauxhall mechanic for 30 odd years so always been around them

I'm looking to buy a cheap corsa (not sure on what model and engine to start with but proberley what ever comes up cheap)

I'm really not to sure what engine to put in it, as its my first conversion i want it to be as simple as possible, and need to good guide to help me on the way!

This will be a budget also, i think its hard to find a decent REDTOP these days with the coscast head.

So i'm thinking either X16XE or 20SEH because i know the X16XE can be tuned fair cheaply with the modded inlet manifold.

But like i say i want it to be as straight forward as possible and fairly cheap?

Any help from you guys would be apsolutely great.
daine
Premium Member

20th Oct 13 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi nrogers, welcome to the site! I have a c1.6xe for sale in adds if your interested, come with everything
Generation

20th Oct 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty of good c20xes around.

Just steer clear of cheap ones..
Jed D

20th Oct 13 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also have an x16xe engine here just about to drop out of a sport but tbh, you can buy a corsa with one already in for the same sort of price as a smaller engine
if you dont want to try the common c20xe why not look into something a bit more wild and go V6
people seem to think its hard but tbh its just the same as a c20xe apart from the rear manifold needs a bit of fabrication to clear the steering rack and driveshaft. they also a lot cheaper to get hold of

corsadonk
Premium Member

21st Oct 13 at 05:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't bother fitting a X16XE, just buy a nice Sport, and tune that. I wouldn't bother with a 20SEH it's a bit harder to get tuning parts for them, and you can get the lighter 1.6 up to the same power. C20XE's don't need a Coscast, most KS heads are fine, the main problem with them is hacked up looms, and faulty sesnsor which can happen on any engine. Have a look at the small block 1.8's they respond well to tuning are cheap, and light.
corsajay88

21st Oct 13 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X20xev is also something to consider. Can pick them up for peanuts
davegreen
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 06:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88

easy to fit, as said can be had in a Vectra with mot for very little money.
easy to tune and decent power can be gained.
vauxhallMADlee

23rd Oct 13 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
quote:
Originally posted by corsajay88

easy to fit, as said can be had in a Vectra with mot for very little money.
easy to tune and decent power can be gained.

I'll second that . Nice easy conversion which are cheap and can be quick, my first x20 was my diplay pic, engine was from a late calibra so had the better inlet on, that was standard, just had pipercross filter and a chipped management, put it on a f13 small block gearbox so all standard hubs shafts are used cheap! That pulled better than all the redtop corsas round my area. Even pulled away slightly from a 189bhp corsa redtop on a f20
vauxhallMADlee

23rd Oct 13 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You also get bit more added security with the immobiliser with an x20xev
corsajay88

23rd Oct 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doing an xev conversion myself at the minute it's nearly finished. Fit in the bay better IMO. Also just bought a spare on eBay for £50. Done 80k and got service history

New Poll