corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dubai

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dubai
Robbo

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 13 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of booking to go here next April (Sat am - Tues pm), most likely on my own but trying to rope some friends in! Got some questions as I know a lot of people have been

Weather seems to be OK that time of year, hot but not silly hot; is going Sat - Tues OK in terms of religious stuff/weekends etc.?

How do you get around i.e. airport to hotel and then around to various attractions? Is 3.5 days gonna be about right, esp if I'm on my own? Much to do other than the obvious?

How expensive is it there? Any reocmmendations for reasonable but not fancy hotels?

Chars!

Munchie

22nd Oct 13 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been twice. Stayed at Atlantis, Meridian on the docks and Al Quasr.

Meridian was more "down to earth" and cheaper

Visit the dockside, old Dubai, Wild Wadi (water park- get yourself a fit eyed local lady), then the desert safari thingie which are basically 4x4's ripping up the desert followed by a meal etc.

Also see the Dubai Mall and the Burj etc etc......

Jumeriah beach is where all this is close to
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great place. Went there with work but took the misses too. Stayed around 20mins from the centre of Abu Dhabi and around 1hr drive from Dubia. For 4 days it cost around 700 excluding flights.
alan-g-w

22nd Oct 13 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would possess you to go to Dubai on your own?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w

Because he hasnt got a GF but wants to get away and see new places. Maybe grope some foreign ladies
Munchie

22nd Oct 13 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Then get arrested ha
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Munchie
^^ Then get arrested ha

Only if he does so in public. Its more relaxed than what people say anyway. Just dont have sex on a beach or show masses of PDA in public and its fine.

Plenty of girls walking round in short shorts which they arnt meant to but its fine.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh go the underwater restaurant too. Great food and some very very nice waitresses. The F1 track is also good place to visit.
Robbo

22nd Oct 13 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
quote:

Because he hasnt got a GF but wants to get away and see new places. Maybe grope some foreign ladies
The first part, not the second part However, in this case thats why I am askign for info... Europe/US etc. I'm quite comfortable with on my own but Dubai may not be so suitable! Back-up option is another trip to NYC
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its perfectly fine. If you go to a hotel then you'll have no issues. Some do sell alcohol others don't.

My GF felt self being in the hotel alone allday and i was happy with it all. I stayed as the eastern mangroves hotel beautiful place!
alan-g-w

22nd Oct 13 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm kinda weird
Ben J

22nd Oct 13 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We stayed at the Royal Meridien. Was awesome.

Deffo do Wild Wadi, Old Dubai - souks etc. Dubai Mall, Burj for afternoon tea (need to book iirc) and go dune bashing.

I know a few people who work out there in hotels. Might be able to hook you up with a deal. (Marriott)

Give me some dates and i'll see what I can do.

[Edited on 22-10-2013 by Ben J]
Robbo

22nd Oct 13 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hmm kinda weird
whats weird about it? people travel all over the world on their own!
Dom

22nd Oct 13 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hmm kinda weird

You sound like the type of person that sleeps with a night-light......
Nismo

22nd Oct 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd Royal Meridien! Awesome hotel!

Cocktails in the Skybar, meal / cocktails in funky buddha over the road, Burj Khalifa, Atlantis swimming with dolphins, The Mall all depends how much you want to spend.

A friday night is there night out / busiest night.
sc0ott

22nd Oct 13 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For when the time comes,

Dubye
alan-g-w

22nd Oct 13 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Hmm kinda weird

Travelling for months is a bit different I'd say but fair play, good way to spend your hard earned I suppose.

Dom you sound like the sort of person who sleeps with kiddies
Russ

22nd Oct 13 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thinking of booking to go here next April (Sat am - Tues pm), most likely on my own but trying to rope some friends in! Got some questions as I know a lot of people have been

Weather seems to be OK that time of year, hot but not silly hot; is going Sat - Tues OK in terms of religious stuff/weekends etc.?

How do you get around i.e. airport to hotel and then around to various attractions? Is 3.5 days gonna be about right, esp if I'm on my own? Much to do other than the obvious?

How expensive is it there? Any reocmmendations for reasonable but not fancy hotels?

Chars!

i might go in april
Ben G

22nd Oct 13 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Hmm kinda weird

Travelling for months is a bit different I'd say but fair play, good way to spend your hard earned I suppose.

Dom you sound like the sort of person who sleeps with kiddies

Just a bit harsh that
Simon L

22nd Oct 13 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't go Sat-Tue, you will miss the weekend as it is Fri-Sat. The working week is Sun-Thu.

You get about by Taxi, it will be too hot/far to walk anywhere really.

Do the water parks. Do the Burj Khalifa. Do the mall. Go snowboarding if you fancy it. Go skydiving over Palm Island.

And if you do nothing else, do a brunch. Anywhere from £50-£100 per person. Basically all the 5* hotels do them. As much as you can eat/drink from 1-5, after that typically everyone is hammered drunk and go onto another bar or a club. It's 99% westerners that go. You will have a brilliant time. Perhaps not so much if you went on your own though.

If you meet a bird, don't do any public signs of affection. Or you will end up in jail.
Simon L

22nd Oct 13 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and depending where you eat/drink, it can be cheap (i.e. eating at Nandos in the mall) or expensive if you have afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dubai 23 database queries in 0.0121500 seconds