corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MX-5 Greddy turbo conversion gasket help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MX-5 Greddy turbo conversion gasket help
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 13 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate's got an mx5 turbo and needs a turbo to downpipe gasket. Apparently the turbo itself is a Trust item and it's proving quite difficult to source one of these, I'm just wondering if anyone's had any experience of them and knows what to go for and from where?
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Oct 13 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make one?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

23rd Oct 13 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what turbo is it and what housing? surely its just a case of searching for a gasket kit for the turbo or housing? ebay normally has them or american sites, might sting with fees though. wouldnt recommend making a turbo gasket , probably want a decent genuine one.
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Oct 13 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you can buy sheets of gasket material, make a template with a cereal box... do a bit of cutting (get an adult to help here) and then voila.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

23rd Oct 13 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not like an exhaust gasket or something simple to get to though i imagine, so you want to get it right without having to take it off again etc, probably better imo to just get the right thing first time round, btw have you ever tried to cut that gasket stuff accurately with tin snips or similar
Kyle T
Premium Member

23rd Oct 13 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, my adult did that bit

Granted, I've got no idea how accessible the turbo is on an MX5.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

23rd Oct 13 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris uk made his own gasket for the manifold or something iirc.
Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 13 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it need a gasket?
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Oct 13 at 16:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trust turbo will still have a standard flange, measure it and it'll be something similar available off he shelf.
alan-g-w

23rd Oct 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for replies, definitely not going to try making one since its meant to be a metal gasket and that graphitey material you get on eBay isn't worth a fuck. I would have thought it was a td04 or something so suggested phoning subaru but apparently not. It's the one at the exhaust side of the turbo so measuring doesn't really work as it's an eccentric shape meaning you can't draw a pcd from it, andeven if I managed to measure it up chances are someone else would have measured it in a different way if that makes sense.

He just text me there saying he thinks he's found one, doesn't sound too sure though lol. He's not sure what the code for the turbo is, tried phoning Greddy but they've not got a UK sales department it seems. If anyone knows for definite where to get one it'd still be a help
alan-g-w

23rd Oct 13 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic, I suggested getting the faces ground if he really can't find anything but don't think he fancies it.
Nic Barnes

23rd Oct 13 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i run without a gasket, it maybe blows a fraction when cold for a couple mins.
owz

23rd Oct 13 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it the standard shape td04 turbo/downpipe flange?? if so can get them from here
http://www.race-tech.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50_71&products_id=94

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » MX-5 Greddy turbo conversion gasket help 24 database queries in 0.0127521 seconds