corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fitting a sat nav

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting a sat nav
Gareth T

User status: Offline
27th Oct 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mates after a astra or vectra cdti sri with sat nav but the ones with it already are abit pricey for him. He said if its not too difficult he may fit it and some parking sensors which he already has. Has anyone fitted a built in sat nav to a vauxhall?

Thanks
deano87

27th Oct 13 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd imagine any unit will be "plug and play" with the right wiring harness etc, unless the Vauxhall factory fitted stuff as an antenna of some sort which isn't pre-wired?
John

27th Oct 13 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll definitely have an antenna for the GPS, probably not pre wired in non sat nav models.

There are loads of sri-nav's about, I'll sell him a black estate if he wants.
djgritt
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It can be retrofitted pretty easily, it's been done loads. It's still a good £350+ thing to do though, and that's just to get a decent CD70 Navi & Screen before considering anything else.
Gareth T

27th Oct 13 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? thanks for the info. I have informed him of your comments and he says he will probably keep the search going with looking for something with sat nav in already.
John

27th Oct 13 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The sat nav isn't the best. Screen looks better than the normal one but if he finds an otherwise good car it wouldn't sway me.
djgritt
Premium Member

27th Oct 13 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not the best, no. However, it's also not the worst.
Mine hasn't misled me atall, and the Trafficmaster system works relatively well.

It is a fairly old system now though and does show it's age, the Integrated TomTom in my Mazda is miles ahead.

[Edited on 27-10-2013 by djgritt]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » fitting a sat nav 23 database queries in 0.0083489 seconds