corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC Help..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PC Help..
jamied

User status: Offline
8th Nov 13 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just put together my brothers pc.

The spec is:

i5 4670k
gigabyte z87x-oc
corsair 8gb ram.

The first problem I had was the default speed for the Ram was 1300 so I changed it to what it said on the stick..1600Mhz and 1.65v so should be ok.

Next the processor v core voltage was .744 which I thought was too low as most ones I googled were at 1.1v. The multiplier is at 34.I changed it to 1.1v but still didnt seem to make a difference

the big problem we are having as when we run cpu z it says its running at 800mhz.

It doesnt feel very fast and the windows score seems to confirm that it isnt just in low power eco mode..

stuck

[Edited on 08-11-2013 by jamied]
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Nov 13 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check that in bios the cpu auto clock is turned off.

What this does is lower the clock speed automatially when its not being used and ramps it up when it is.

Download prime95 and do a stress test, it should jump up to the correct mhz then.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC Help.. 25 database queries in 0.0100610 seconds