corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is the corsa b 'scene' dying/dead/hibernating?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Is the corsa b 'scene' dying/dead/hibernating?
Jambo

User status: Offline
16th Nov 13 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul W
Tbh, I think the modified scene in general is kinda stale at the minute. People don't really seem to be trying, the extent of most things is coilovers/wheels/stick a few things on/done. There's not many cars where people have actually done intensive things with panels/interior and stuff. Also, in the age of finance where everybody has the bank own their cars there's really not much variety at all out there. I've found as well people in general seem to be more judgmental and status oriented, like owning a bmw makes you a superior being to owning a corsa. Things just seem to be a bit of a power trip instead of a hobby that brings like minded people together in a shared interest.

For example, I get alot of positive comments from random joe public, whereas comments within the modified car clique usually end in 'for a corsa' or 'for a more door' etc.

[Edited on 14-11-2013 by Paul W]

Pretty much every single BMW ever made is better than a Corsa B.

That is not a status thing, that's a fact. It's better engineered, better to drive, better to sit in etc etc etc.

Nic Barnes

16th Nov 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My BMW was about 28 grand brand new. My corsa was 12. I'd not expect it to be as good as a car over twice the price of it ffs.
Generation

16th Nov 13 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand what Paul is getting at,

He isn't saying build quality is difference, it's more people thinking they're too good to own certain cars. Especially first time car buyers, that didn't used to care.

Your first car is supposed to be shit
Nic Barnes

16th Nov 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still like my corsa and enjoy driving it. Problem is people look down on others all the time these days. That's why people are in so much debt with credit cards trying to look like they live a certain lifestyle. Pretty sad if all you care about is what other people think of your status in life. Especially if it's a fraud using loans and credit. Anyone can do that.
Generation

16th Nov 13 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup.

Read any page on Total Vauxhall full of comments like "just a corsa" and that's on a Vauxhall page for enthusiasts

People just try and make themselves feel better about their cars, by insulting others.
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd replace my Vectra VXR with a Corsa (C or D). Happily. It's something I've been considering for a while too TBH.

The missus getting her new L.E hasn't helped either as it is a nice little car, nor does having a big car with free fuel available to me. Vectra is only used to go anywhere quickly, and even that is less than before after almost losing my licence for speeding last year.
chrisr195

16th Nov 13 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love my little corsa. Its basic but alot of fun to drive. Puts a smile on my face every time n it only a 1.2. There are better cars out there but does the job and has never put a foot wrong. Love the simple design n work on unlike alot of moderrn cars whitch are all electronic these days. In my view older cars stand out lot more as new ones look all the same. At college the old Peugeots and corsas have my interest. Something different.

[Edited on 16-11-2013 by chrisr195]
GB123
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr195
In my view older cars stand out lot more as new ones look all the same.

As much as I like old cars that's just not true.
random dav
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a few of them and think they are ace, even bought a GSi over here and put a C20XE in it. Loads of fun, easy to tinker with and stuff. Old cars are so much better. We also have an Astra VXR but it feels to 'safe' I would also get rid of the VXR for another S1 RS Turbo.

Older cars are just better imo, maybe its the time spent fixing and trying to improve them rather then just washing and photographing them.

[Edited on 16-11-2013 by random dav]

WRLFC !

Project cars
chrisr195

16th Nov 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
I have a few of them and think they are ace, even bought a GSi over here and put a C20XE in it. Loads of fun, easy to tinker with and stuff. Old cars are so much better. We also have an Astra VXR but it feels to 'safe' I would also get rid of the VXR for another S1 RS Turbo.

Older cars are just better imo, maybe its the time spent fixing and trying to improve them rather then just washing and photographing them.

[Edited on 16-11-2013 by random dav]

Agreed
John

16th Nov 13 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I get older and busier at work, having less time to fix them is one of the main things that puts me off.
corb

17th Nov 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for me right now, its the money side of things holding me back. its going to cos me circa £2k to be able to drive mine on the road (new exhaust, insurance, mot, tax etc.) when I have a nice sensible comfy economical reliable car which basically costs me nothing. That £2k is currently being ploughed into a new bathroom instead and on holidays, enjoying myself while I still can...

The generation of people who would like to drive a 'b' nowadays would be doing it for nostalgia sake and simply cant justify the cost of doing so. I reckon.
Ian W

17th Nov 13 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In a few more years there will definitely be a resurgence of b's at shows and stuff as people who have had them laid up for years get the spare cash and time and want the memories again.

Happened with Nova's and it'll happen with the B.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Is the corsa b 'scene' dying/dead/hibernating? 24 database queries in 0.0140071 seconds