corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car inspection services

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car inspection services
Wrighty

User status: Offline
18th Nov 13 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone used one of these from the likes off AA, RAC etc when buying a used car? what sort of output / feedback did you receive and did it influence you buying the car in the end?

found a motor, but i start back at work tomorrow for 4 shifts and its 150 miles away. thinking about getting one of these as its the most money il have spent on a car...ever so a couple hundred quid seems worth it?
Toby
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never have myself but one of the lads from work did. He was convinced there was something up with the car (which he bought brand new from Kia). Dealer said he was talking bollocks but he was convinced. Story goes that he got an impartial inspection from the RAC and they found something up with the car and turns out the dealt then coughed that they knackered something when taking it off the transporter. Threaten them with watchdog and they paid up almost £2k (percentage of the cars value).

Summary: could be worth while to save you buying a dog. I opted for a warranty product as piece of mind for £28 a month should anything go wrong the car is covered.

[Edited on 18-11-2013 by Toby]
Gaz

18th Nov 13 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose the big question is, are they accountable if they advise you it's a good's and it blow's up a week later?
Toby
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure they guarantee the information for a period of time similar to how a HPI check has a liability etc if the info is wrong.
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Nov 13 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
anyone used one of these from the likes off AA, RAC etc when buying a used car? what sort of output / feedback did you receive and did it influence you buying the car in the end?

found a motor, but i start back at work tomorrow for 4 shifts and its 150 miles away. thinking about getting one of these as its the most money il have spent on a car...ever so a couple hundred quid seems worth it?

Where is it? I'll inspect it for £100 at the weekend.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

19th Nov 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100 bucks wouldnt get you there and back fonzy, its in Wealdstone - London

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car inspection services 24 database queries in 0.0117989 seconds