corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » oil warning light came on

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author oil warning light came on
Root

User status: Offline
28th Nov 13 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey all I went to drop my bro off last night and my oil warning light came on. Today I checked the oil level and it's more or less at the max line, I changed it a few weeks ago, could oil pump be on the way out?

I assume it's not safe to drive until it's fixed, right?
Root

28th Nov 13 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tightened up the sensor on front left of the engine as I noticed it was slightly leaking. Appears to have fixed the problem, thanks
Brett
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs
Ste
Premium Member

28th Nov 13 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like it could be a loose sensor. Have a look and see if it's leaking.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Root

29th Nov 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The light has come back on and the car has pissed oil all over the bottom of the bonnet and around the mid left of the engine block when you're standing in front of it.

Anyone got a clue? I hate searching for leaks. Any possibility I could have overtightened that sensor or because my oil is at max it's too much pressure for something somewhere and it's blown?

I'm thinking it must be that sensor leaking again..Does it have a gasket on it? I think the motion of driving probably made the oil disperse all around the engine bay like it did, going to check it out now, damn cars.

[Edited on 29-11-2013 by Root]
Root

29th Nov 13 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay so when I turn the engine on oil is pissing out of that sensor. It's coming out of the electrical connection bit and not the side with the bolt on it...The green rubber bung that goes on the electrical bit is in place, so I'm not sure why it's leaking. Any ideas please? Thanks.

I'd just buy a new pressure sensor or whatever it is but the leak is coming from the electrical connection at the very end of the sensor, not the bolted on area

[Edited on 29-11-2013 by Root]
Ste
Premium Member

29th Nov 13 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics would be helpful. Sounds like it needs a new sensor as the oil has burst right through and coming out the plug at the back. I've had this before on a corsa power steering pressure sensor

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Root

29th Nov 13 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Replaced the oil pressure switch and it's fixed it. I didn't want to make assumptions because the oil was all over but for the sake of £6 I tried it anyway and it fixed it so happy days. Thanks anyway for all input and help as always guys.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very prone for breaking

New Poll