corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Police helicopter crash in glasgow.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Police helicopter crash in glasgow.
Ben G

User status: Offline
29th Nov 13 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

''landed'' on the roof of a pub called 'the clutha' in glasgow. According to a witness on sky news, it could well be a police helicopter.

Hammer/john? Any news?

[Edited on 29-11-2013 by Ben G]
Ben G

29th Nov 13 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Definitely a police helicopter, can see it on the roof.
John

29th Nov 13 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just heard about it was at the pics, brother is in town just now and he text about it.
John

29th Nov 13 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No fire or anything, wonder if it broke and they tried to ditch it.
Hammer

30th Nov 13 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wee cousin was in the pub at the time. Very, very strange is all ill say. The band cracked a joke about it, it wasn't as if it crashed at all.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 00:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Michelle Mone posted this pic on IG a while ago. Thought it looked a bit strange.

http://instagram.com/p/hURS14pDH2/

I follow her for the tits mainly she's got a great rack
Robin
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 04:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
No fire or anything, wonder if it broke and they tried to ditch it.

Ran out of fuel completely maybe?
Cavey

30th Nov 13 at 05:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Said on the new the blades just stopped and it fell. 2 police officers and civilian pilot on board, is that standard?

The band must of thought they were killing it, they definitely brought the roof down.
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 06:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 killed apparently
alan-g-w

30th Nov 13 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A section of the roof fell in on top of two tables according to local radio, BBC website was saying there were people trapped.
alan-g-w

30th Nov 13 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One crashed into a block of flats about 20yrs ago 5min down the road from me as well.

My mate's a valeter and he went to a house this morning - woman answered the door in a flood of tears. Turns out her son was the aerial navigator
John

30th Nov 13 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a bit quiet on the information regarding it so far. Sounds like some people probably trapped and dead but they haven't got them yet.
John

30th Nov 13 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just have, 8 dead.
Ben G

30th Nov 13 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ. Last night there were just injuries.
Hammer

30th Nov 13 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Wee cousin was in the pub at the time. Very, very strange is all ill say. The band cracked a joke about it, it wasn't as if it crashed at all.

Cracked a joke? That behaviour is odder than 3cms mum cleaning his skidmarked pants. Especially considering people have been killed.

We are nearly 24 hours later and just being told more than 1 person died, what chance did the band have 2 seconds later?

It was along the lines of 'we're that good we brought the roof down'. Like I say, it wasn't as cut and dry as a helicopter crashing into the roof of a pub which is now slowly being depicted through witness statements. It appears if you were in one section you didn't even know it happened until the dust clouds bellowed through from where it had landed.
Ben G

30th Nov 13 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems pretty weird. The pub doesn't look huge and I think you'd realise straight away that the people inside the helicopter would've died. Do they ever survive?
DannyB
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One of my mates dad has a helicopter that they regulally use, travelling to his other houses or places to eat or his business trips etc and he often says to me that I should come for the ride, fuck that. Absolutely no way am I ever getting in to a helicopter. That may sound stupid but I'd rather not risk it. Chances are it would be fine though.
Lee_fr200

30th Nov 13 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing wrong with flying been flying all my life since I was 3yr old in helicopters and planes and nothings happened as yet! Plus the rotors don't just stop on a twin engine helicopter it will be either the gearbox has failed or he was in "vortex ring" depends on how high he was rly it can't have been an engine that failed as they're twin engine so that wouldn't bring down a helicopter.

I'm guessing one of 3 things

Ran out of fuel
Vortex ring
Gearbox failed (it's the only thing common between both engines that and fuel)
Jambo

30th Nov 13 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here come the Internet experts
Jambo

30th Nov 13 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Seems pretty weird. The pub doesn't look huge and I think you'd realise straight away that the people inside the helicopter would've died. Do they ever survive?

Hearing a noise, down the other end if the pub (witnesses described it being linked by a corridor) it's not going to mean you automatically assume a police helicopter has crashed into the roof?!
Hammer

30th Nov 13 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

They didn't know it was a helicopter. In fact some of those inside didn't know it was a helicopter hours after it had happened.
Lee_fr200

30th Nov 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Here come the Internet experts

Not an expert but I've studied all the technical and other things for helicopters and so has my father beauty about been a pilot on planes and helicopters

So I'd like to think I've got a fair idea

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Police helicopter crash in glasgow. 23 database queries in 0.0140371 seconds