corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any early model 1 series owners/previous owners on here?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any early model 1 series owners/previous owners on here?
MatthewR

User status: Offline
30th Nov 13 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i have posted on other forums but seeing as ive been a member on here for over 10 years i do value the wide range of opinions on here, anyway. have been looking at the 1.6 petrol or 2.0 Diesel, i do about 40-50 miles a day atm and i drive a focus 1.6 (petrol) the mpg isn't a huge factor, more reliability and longevity as i have a 11month old baby.
Seems to be 100s of them on the market for around the 5k mark which would get me one with approx 70k miles on. Has anyone had/got one, have any real problems? I fully understand that a full bmw service history is a huge bonus but my thats about the limit of my knowledge on them so any help woudkl be greatly recieved
Matt
daymoon
Premium Member

30th Nov 13 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy with your eyes and ears, not a piece of paper.

My first 5 series had fully stamped book, this one has no book. Both run same.
whitter45

1st Dec 13 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If looking at the 120d be aware of the timing chain issues. I ran my 2007 for 75k and had no issues with the timing chain

I did go through a turbo as it had a known actuator design fault which is easily fixed by replace,met actuator parts so maybe worth checking history of any work carried out

Try and get a 2007 onwards car as the facelift interior is much better with better engines with lower emissions meaning tax is cheaper

Maybe a 118d is worth a look as it's feels little difference in real world. The 120d is quicker but it depends what you want

Pre face will not have a dpf which can be a bonus if only doing short runs

[Edited on 01-12-2013 by whitter45]
MatthewR

1st Dec 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thank you matey
deano87

1st Dec 13 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also there was a fault with the DSC unit. Original fix was £2000+ and not a recall because the brakes were unaffected e.g. it was a driver aid.

They then brought out a fix which was significantly cheaper but still £350-£500.

If you ask BMW UK normally pay a contribution to the fix.

Not sure if that was on the pre-facelift models.

No signs if the failure other than DSC and ABS/brake light warning!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any early model 1 series owners/previous owners on here? 23 database queries in 0.0065870 seconds