corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MORNING

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MORNING
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Dec 13 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I'm not sure i'll get away with floor standers.

Thinking some standmount Mezzo 1/2's, but not sure about placement. I'll take a photo of the new TV placement at home and see what you good folk think
To be fair, in a lot of rooms there'll be no real benefit to go for floor standers over a pair of book shelf speakers.

Personally I went for floor standers 80% because of the look. Could easily have found book shelfs in the same price range that would have sounded as good.

I do love the look of them, though.

SVM 286

18th Dec 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Tesla. Interesting.

Ohhh, niiice
Balling
Premium Member

18th Dec 13 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
What's that? And I presume it's hybrid.
The current peak of modern automotion.

Pure electrical.

Handles are flush with the doors, but as the owner neared the car they popped out.

SVM 286

18th Dec 13 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hang on...

Is it RWD though?
Balling
Premium Member

18th Dec 13 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know actually!?

Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Dec 13 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't really know much about them other than a lot of them are getting detailed in the US

Shame they couldn't park it properly

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
SVM 286

18th Dec 13 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I'm not sure i'll get away with floor standers.

Thinking some standmount Mezzo 1/2's, but not sure about placement. I'll take a photo of the new TV placement at home and see what you good folk think
To be fair, in a lot of rooms there'll be no real benefit to go for floor standers over a pair of book shelf speakers.

Personally I went for floor standers 80% because of the look. Could easily have found book shelfs in the same price range that would have sounded as good.

I do love the look of them, though.

I went for mine because they had extra drivers, extra bass ports, they could handle more power. And I could Bi-amp them.

I find more is usually better
Balling
Premium Member

18th Dec 13 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Powertrain
Model S is a rear wheel drive electric vehicle. The liquid-cooled powertrain includes the battery, motor, drive inverter, and gear box."

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/specs

Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Dec 13 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hang on...

Is it RWD though?
This says about the powertrain being between the rear wheels, so it sounds like it - http://www.teslamotors.com/en_GB/models/features#/performance

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Balling
Premium Member

18th Dec 13 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you have the room for it, yes.

For the average living room, though, the above is certainly not true.

For my speakers to really come to life, they need to be at least 1 metre from the walls. Something that's not really practical, day to day.

SVM 286

18th Dec 13 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
"Powertrain
Model S is a rear wheel drive electric vehicle. The liquid-cooled powertrain includes the battery, motor, drive inverter, and gear box."

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/specs
SVM 286

18th Dec 13 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Hang on...

Is it RWD though?
This says about the powertrain being between the rear wheels, so it sounds like it - http://www.teslamotors.com/en_GB/models/features#/performance
SVM 286

18th Dec 13 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
If you have the room for it, yes.

For the average living room, though, the above is certainly not true.

For my speakers to really come to life, they need to be at least 1 metre from the walls. Something that's not really practical, day to day.

But my 603s take up negligibly more/no more space than the 602s would have done on a pair of stands.

Plus mine are in my bedroom.

I don't tend to listen to music downstairs.

Normally lay on bed and chill, or have stuff on whilst i'm milling about the place.

Can hear it downstairs anyway

Mine could probably do with being further from the wall, but they're over a foot away and sound nice, so a good compromise.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Dec 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not talking about the room the speakers physically take up, but the room the sound needs to fill.

Just because there's room for a pair of floor speakers doesn't mean they're necessarily the best option.

SVM 286

18th Dec 13 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I what respect Balling?
Balling
Premium Member

18th Dec 13 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically larger speakers work by moving larger amounts of air around. If there's not enough air to actually move though, the speakers will not perform the best they can.

Add to that the fact that the more drivers a speaker has, the more difficult it is to "get it right" from a manufacturing point of view.

Hence the fact that you get some really, really impressive single driver speakers.

When it comes to speakers, more is not better. Not always, at least.

Balling
Premium Member

18th Dec 13 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep in mind, there'll be several other reasons why certain (types of) speakers will not be as good in one room/situation as another.

Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Dec 13 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My main tasks this afternoon consist of make the teas and eat Quality Street

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
SVM 286

19th Dec 13 at 03:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Basically larger speakers work by moving larger amounts of air around. If there's not enough air to actually move though, the speakers will not perform the best they can.

Add to that the fact that the more drivers a speaker has, the more difficult it is to "get it right" from a manufacturing point of view.

Hence the fact that you get some really, really impressive single driver speakers.

When it comes to speakers, more is not better. Not always, at least.

Oh, you meant from a technical standpoint, i.e. too big for room. Wasn't sure what you meant Mister B, hence me asking.

Mine are in a fairly large room (12' x 13' x 10'), so they work very nicely.

I've had them a long time and put a lot of thought into putting my set-up together.

I used to have a couple of pals who were very into their Hi Fi, plus I worked in Hi Fi & AV sales and installation donkey's years ago, so had plenty of useful input and demo opportunities to get it right, so to speak.

Right now, short of a better turntable, a separate DAC for my CD player and some better isolation, there's not a lot more I can do, short of an entire new system.

I'm pleased with what i've put together and it performs beautifully. It's a nice neutral compromise for many types of music at all volume levels.

I would love what I mentioned earlier in the thread, but that little lot would cost the same as a small house.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » MORNING 24 database queries in 0.0324860 seconds