corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Mpi fuel pump question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mpi fuel pump question
gav93

User status: Offline
18th Dec 13 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guys just got a corsa with a c16se conversion and it runs fine the guy says he didnt change the fuel pump from an spi to mpi pump and it starts runs fine. I find it hard to believe and it takes a little while (8 seconds or so) to start up from cold . Im guessing i will need to put in a mpi pump yes?

Thanks
johnhara1

18th Dec 13 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It it normally at higher revs that the pump can't cope but starting/tick over shouldn't be a problem.

If it is running an SPi pump, change it anyway.

I would change the CTS sensor if it's struggling to start from cold.
gav93

18th Dec 13 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fella I have got a mpi pump form one at the breakers this morning so will change it anyway , start up is perfect once warm so will just put it down to service/ cts sensor- cheers

New Poll