corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mazda 3 2.2 diesel sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mazda 3 2.2 diesel sport
Gareth T

User status: Offline
22nd Dec 13 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had any members owned/drove one of these? I did have a tdci focus at the top of my next car list but after reading about these and seeing you can get them from 6K upwards they seem a good all round car.

Thanks

whitter45

23rd Dec 13 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a 3 but plenty of guys in work have the 6 with the 2.2

I believe they do different power outputs but all of them are not that economical or that fast
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd Dec 13 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 6 Sport 2.2d 185 from new for 3.5yrs and got rid this summer. I loved it. Covered ~90,000 miles in that time, 40k in the first year. The car only suffered a single problem in ownership, the Gearbox had issues at around 2 years old.

They do 3x Power Outputs of the 2.2d - the 185 being the highest (of the earlier models, the later ones saw 180 & 175 outputs as time progressed)

They are very good on fuel if driven in an economical matter - if not, they will return high 30s over a full tank - I hammered mine constantly as I don't pay for fuel, still got over 400 miles to each tank without worry. On a Eco run, I could get 550 miles or so from a full tank without difficulty. Bear in mind that it was with the bigger car too.

The 185 Engine performed well, and was noticeably better than the 170bhp 2.0 TDi Skoda I had before it. It pulled harder and had less of an agricultural feel over the PD lump (for a diesel anyway). It was definitely no slower than the German offerings of similar outputs whatsoever.

The Mazdas, both 3 & 6 Sports come with a very generous Spec , one that will be less easy to find on premium brands for similar money - though the 3 gets a little less than the 6, but not by much. I know 3 Sports have the heated windscreens, as that was the only feature my colleague had in his one over my 6 Sport that I was envious of...
Gareth T

23rd Dec 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one's Ive looked at recently are the 2.2d sports which had 150 & 185bhp &sat nav around the 09-10plate. Ive tried to look at cars which are abit different to the standard astra/focus which tbh seem to be a beyter choice & cheaper however therrs alot about & everyone has them hence looking at mazda 3, peugeot 308, renault megane etc.

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
I had a 6 Sport 2.2d 185 from new for 3.5yrs and got rid this summer. I loved it. Covered ~90,000 miles in that time, 40k in the first year. The car only suffered a single problem in ownership, the Gearbox had issues at around 2 years old.

They do 3x Power Outputs of the 2.2d - the 185 being the highest (of the earlier models, the later ones saw 180 & 175 outputs as time progressed)

They are very good on fuel if driven in an economical matter - if not, they will return high 30s over a full tank - I hammered mine constantly as I don't pay for fuel, still got over 400 miles to each tank without worry. On a Eco run, I could get 550 miles or so from a full tank without difficulty. Bear in mind that it was with the bigger car too.

The 185 Engine performed well, and was noticeably better than the 170bhp 2.0 TDi Skoda I had before it. It pulled harder and had less of an agricultural feel over the PD lump (for a diesel anyway). It was definitely no slower than the German offerings of similar outputs whatsoever.

The Mazdas, both 3 & 6 Sports come with a very generous Spec , one that will be less easy to find on premium brands for similar money - though the 3 gets a little less than the 6, but not by much. I know 3 Sports have the heated windscreens, as that was the only feature my colleague had in his one over my 6 Sport that I was envious of...
Jambo

23rd Dec 13 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Injector seals.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Dec 13 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My best mate has an MPS3 and while it's a lovely car the interior is really dull
djgritt
Premium Member

23rd Dec 13 at 20:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was pleasantly suprised enough with my Mazda that I've now gone for another.
Gareth T

23rd Dec 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
My best mate has an MPS3 and while it's a lovely car the interior is really dull

I agree the look of the interior i Is abit dull but its a small minor in my opinion. I do like the MPS3 petrol models they do look mean but reading on them theyseem to be thirsty & expensive to own.
pow
Premium Member

23rd Dec 13 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

God his drinks like a fish. Amazingly fast but comes at a big cost for a Mazfa

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mazda 3 2.2 diesel sport 23 database queries in 0.0117269 seconds