corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » B: Grot in inner wheel arch!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author B: Grot in inner wheel arch!
IainL

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 13 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My last Corsa B was rotten in the inner wheelarch where the fuel filler neck sits in the inner arch just behind the damper due to mud collection.

When I got my current car I was pleased to see it was solid here. I've also just had the whole chassis welded/derusted/undersealed over the past 2 years.

However, when cleaning the inner arches, I noticed that there was some rot right up inside the aperture where the filler neck goes, on the leading edge! Looked inside and theres a tiny spot where it is coming through - another trip to the garage then!!

Anyone elses B had this
csifku

23rd Dec 13 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one thing i have noticed is on corsa b 1.2 16v .. they all got rust on same places, also i noticed they all got rust in same size aswell... strange but true what corsa b is urs ? cos 1.6 16v is quite diferent that the 1.2 16v .. i mean its same car but what i think is that they build them up better
Jed D

26th Dec 13 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's no difference in the chassis apart from pre and post 97 and more holes in the bulkhead on a/c models however the inner arches and filler neck is one of the common places they tend to go.. i wouldn't put it down to mileage though as iv seen some low milers rotted beyond repair and some high milers still solid

New Poll