corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » dbilas Throttle bodies!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dbilas Throttle bodies!
daine
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Dec 13 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a set of these on Ebay, just wondered if there's any good gains with them??
thinking of 1612 cams too
davegreen
Premium Member

28th Dec 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked at getting a set when I built my x20xev, not very good quality castings and you will not get the claimed gains without a lot of extra work.
dava.

28th Dec 13 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had them on my x20xev mk3 astra , along with high lift cam , lexmaul 421 manifold, exhaust , kms management, seen around 204 bhp, was planning alot more to it but just lost the bug for all things cars

never had any problems or troubles with mine

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/projects-restorations/454443-davas-throttle-bodied-mk3-gsi.html

[Edited on 28-12-2013 by dava.]
Toby
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cams, decent standalone management with a strong map, decent exhaust system and TBs on a healthy C20XE could see anything from 210-220bhp

[Edited on 29-12-2013 by Toby]
daine
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info guy's, read you thread on migweb dava, seam's like a decent set up!
it's the reliability that attracts me and that you can run on a standard ECU to start off with
dava.

29th Dec 13 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine
Thanks for the info guy's, read you thread on migweb dava, seam's like a decent set up!
it's the reliability that attracts me and that you can run on a standard ECU to start off with

standard ecu was a bonus , but i jumped a fair bit just by adding the kms, its not the top rated standalone but my mapper knew kms inside out and was cheap enough to justify me jumping from standard ecu
daine
Premium Member

29th Dec 13 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dava.
quote:

standard ecu was a bonus , but i jumped a fair bit just by adding the kms, its not the top rated standalone but my mapper knew kms inside out and was cheap enough to justify me jumping from standard ecu

sorry for all questions mate! whats the going rate for a set of these, them on Ebay's now at £300 and
climbing..

Stuarrrty

29th Dec 13 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There 1300 new from dbilas
jay.jay

30th Dec 13 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a set for my old x16xe for about 200 quid second hand without the black plenum bit. Had the manifold, cable wheel and a fuel rail. Dunno if that helps
dava.

30th Dec 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dava.
quote:

sorry for all questions mate! whats the going rate for a set of these, them on Ebay's now at £300 and
climbing..

no worries, i bought my mk3 with them on it, but the receipts i got with the car from dbilas was around 1200-1300 from memory

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » dbilas Throttle bodies! 23 database queries in 0.0100789 seconds