corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » York/Leeds stag do

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author York/Leeds stag do
Joe

User status: Offline
5th Jan 14 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorting a stag do out for my mate in feb. We are going on a Friday, spending the day/night in York, then gona do paintballing sat afternoon and then onto Leeds for the Saturday night.

Anyone recommend a paintball place round the area, preferably nearer to York as most places want you to be there quite early and it could be hard work travelling to Leeds at 7am.

I've found this place which looks alright..

http://www.ypc.co.uk

Also any shouts of what bars, etc to go to in either York or Leeds would be appreciated.
Cavey

5th Jan 14 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We went to York for a mates stag do in August.

Stayed on the "popular" side of the river with either god awful cheesy bars, or pretentious bars full of Wavy haired twats. Ended up in a shitty Lloyds which had a big outdoor beer garden. - Also, there was 12 of us or something, the Artful Dodger (I think it was) wouldn't let a group in there - Bouncer also said it might be trouble getting into other places, but had no issues elsewhere

But obviously didn't really care about the quality of bar as we were there with mates having a laugh, so was a pretty good night anyway.

Jonny will direct you to the good bars, but they probably won't be suitable for a stag do. (Old man ale pubs)
Gary
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ypc is the best paintball ground in Yorkshire by far. I used to be there a lot when I played.
Joe

5th Jan 14 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah our hotel is by the river in York, I know there is plenty of bars near there.

Cheers Gary, that's what I wanted to hear. Will go there then hopefully.
daymoon
Premium Member

5th Jan 14 at 13:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://thebierkeller.com/leeds/
Lee_fr200

5th Jan 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had my dad's stag do in Leeds, the comedy club is a good venue next to the light and does good food
kz

5th Jan 14 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When abouts is it? I've only been up Leeds for a night out once, but tbh it was one of the best nights I've ever had. Went to Hospitality, and there just so happens to be one in February, in Leeds again!

Joe

5th Jan 14 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not that weekend, but that probably wouldn't be our scene anyway. Cheers though.
Carl

7th Jan 14 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many will there be Joe? like most cities you'll struggle with groups, with that in mind a comedy club or some kind of music event would be more ideal if possible. Been to Yorkiwith a gang of lads and struggled there as well.
Lee_fr200

7th Jan 14 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said there's one by the light and it was great, the food was beaut
Joe

7th Jan 14 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's gona be 12 of us. Got somewhere lined up for food in Leeds so was just gona head out on the piss afterwards. Was aware that we would have to split up as per usual in major cities. Not as if we are a bunch of wankers but they don't care usually.
Carl

7th Jan 14 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some nice bars round call lane area,. id head to distrikt but its house music type stuff.
Gary
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Call Lane is now full of cunts. It used to be the place to be but last time i went it was full of bellend hipster types.
Carl

7th Jan 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Call Lane is now full of cunts. It used to be the place to be but last time i went it was full of bellend hipster types.

That's just Leeds through and through.
Gary
Premium Member

7th Jan 14 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what your after. I like a day session in leeds on the real ale. Best way imo
Joe

7th Jan 14 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are gona be eating on call lane, so that sounds a decent bet. Will look what else is round there.

Cheers all
Dave

7th Jan 14 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been round York and Leeds quite a few times in large groups and never had a problem getting in anywhere. We have an all dayer in Leeds every year, usually about 12 of us and it's always good, same with York where we're usually fairly rowdy after a day at the races.. Contrast that with Manchester which is a fucking nightmare.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » York/Leeds stag do 23 database queries in 0.0121851 seconds