corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X14XE Require some advice please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X14XE Require some advice please
SUPER-MATT

User status: Offline
   31st Jan 14 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all, right basically 7 months ago I rung vauxhall up to order a full service kit and the best oil type for my corsa b 1.4 sport they say is 10/40 semi syth now the engines are getting older they require a thinker oil was 5/30 semi syth. Anyways now due to the weather the oils at its thickest viscosity and now on a cold start the tappets, tap real loud then lubricate after a minute but also the tappets started gradualy tapping more since the service just taken it as general wear and tear so I've been speaking to a few garages to get different opinions and there telling me to change the oil to 5/30 fully syth because it'll help quieten the tappets down and help get around the engine quicker so basically does anybody else use 5/30 full syth and have no probs or what's the best oil you think?

And has anybody done a powerflex front end kit does it really make much difference?
Thanks all Matt

New Poll