corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » renting high performance cars

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author renting high performance cars
SVM 286

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 14 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Unless you live somewhere with some epic driving roads I wouldn't pay £1200 to drive 500 miles around regular english roads with all that goes with it like traffic, road works, other dickhead drivers tbh.

I'm guessing the fuel for the 500 miles comes out of your own pocket too so that's going to be near enough £200 on top?

More like five hundred quid on juice Ian
alan-g-w

2nd Feb 14 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change your tampax Ben
Nismo

2nd Feb 14 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Nismo, where was that from?

http://www.southwestsportscars.co.uk
Graham88

3rd Feb 14 at 03:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Nismo, where was that from?

http://www.southwestsportscars.co.uk

Damn, started doing an enquiry as it's one of the better sites I've seen and thought it meant South West London…it's bloody miles away

Most hire companies just don't seem worth it…I enquired about a C63 AMG for my wedding car it's £297 which I thought wasn't too bad, but you can only do 100 miles and it's got to be picked up from Barking in Essex which is 20 miles away, then realistically I'm only going to have a little blast in the morning, then pick up whoever, drive to the wedding, possibly drive it from church to venue but it's not really the done thing to drive away from the church but then I've paid all that money for someone else to drive it…then I've got to get the car back to the place and everyone I'd trust to do this is going to be a part of the wedding and can't disappear for a couple of hours, and they won't pick the car up or hire it on a Friday as it ruins the chance of hiring it for the weekend.

More hassle than it's worth! Also barely anyone leases something half decent to a 25 year old, you have to be 30

[Edited on 03-02-2014 by Graham88]
Nismo

3rd Feb 14 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest it was cheaper for me as i booked a grey tuscan, but that was crashed the week before my wedding by the groom the night before his wedding so they knocked £200 off the hire price and i had the blue Tuscan.
Skylined

3rd Feb 14 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
for £1200 i would say no.. thats a lot of dosh.
Cant you just "test drive" one ?

My friend was in the market for a brand new Cayman recently. Any garage he went to, as soon as he even hinted at taking a test drive the first question he was asked was 'what car have you got outside?'. When he replied with 'Panamera Turbo' (daddy's) they would fall over themselves to get him in one. I've often thought about putting some smart clothes on and seeing how far I could get at the Bentley garage a few miles away from here - give some bullshit about how I'm going to inherit cash or whatever, never had the brass neck for it though. But if you turn up looking to test drive a supercar apparently it's all about the car you take with you.

[Edited on 01-02-2014 by alan-g-w]

I was also wondering this so asked my mate who's the regional sales and marketing manager for the London Porsche garages.
He said they get bollocked if they write anyone off as not being able to afford one, as nowadays you really can't tell. They had a mid 20s lad turn up enquiring about a new 911 turbo and the salesman wouldn't even let him have a test drive. Next week he came back in a Ferrari California that he'd bought instead and pointed out to the salesman to the manager.
As long as you ask the right questions and don't turn up in a shitheap wearing trackies they should take you seriously. Apparently the Guildford branch near me lent a bloke a 911 for the weekend as he wanted to see if his dog would go/fit in it. People aren't gonna spend 80k on a car that they can't use for what they want. Brought it back caked in dog hair and didn't buy it
whitter45

4th Feb 14 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a holiday in Vegas and hire one out there

Better roads and you can have a holiday in Vegas - wouldnt cost you £1200

DSC_2337 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr

DSC_2349 by Paul Whitt82, on Flickr
flybikeslee

4th Feb 14 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£1200.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » renting high performance cars 23 database queries in 0.0129070 seconds