corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC to TV

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PC to TV
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Feb 14 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to watch downloaded films on my TV that are on my PC, I assume it's not just as easy as connecting my monitor and my TV via HDMI and then using the correct channel, or is it?

They are right next to each other like so so I could just buy a 5m HDMI cable. If this won't work how can I do it? many thanks
sc0ott

9th Feb 14 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure it will be.

I used to have mine connected up with a jack lead and a separate vga cable and all i needed to do was select the pc channel on the tv and then it became my monitor.
Ste
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 23:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine at home is set up with just a HDMI lead to the tv. Sound is then taken digitally from the tv to the amp, but it will play out the tv speakers if wanted. I'd be running media centre if I where you as the writing is tiny from normal tv viewing distance. I got a cheap media centre remote off ebay to see if they were any good. That was 3 years ago and it's not let me down. don't want to change it now as i know where all the buttons are i need on it without looking

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ste
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw, media centre is built into win7 not sure about 8

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

10th Feb 14 at 09:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes danny its as simple as using a HDMI cable to the TV, remember nothing wrong with the cheap HDMI cables either.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Feb 14 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats all I do with mine, HDMI to TV.

My PC came with a remote too
Tiger

10th Feb 14 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use dvi to hdmi then use my sound card audio out for sound.
Chrissy
Premium Member

10th Feb 14 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said I'd be using plex or some other media centre with a remote. Reading file names etc off a tv from afar is brutal.

>>>> Chris <<<<

DannyB
Premium Member

10th Feb 14 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers chaps
Y869 SRA

10th Feb 14 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I'd like to watch downloaded films on my TV that are on my PC, I assume it's not just as easy as connecting my monitor and my TV via HDMI and then using the correct channel, or is it?

Yups, its that easy. Exactly what I do.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PC to TV 26 database queries in 0.0147829 seconds