corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick Paypal fee question.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick Paypal fee question.
Steve X16XE

User status: Offline
27th Mar 14 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm wanting to send £200 for some things for my Legacy. The seller is wanting me to send it as a gift, but due to that amount, I'm not wanting to freely send that amount.

My question is, how much do I have to send so he receives £200 so I'm covering the fees.

I've looked an Paypal's website and have no clue.
Generation

27th Mar 14 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google PayPal fee calculator
Rob_Quads

27th Mar 14 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its interesting the selling wants you to send it as a gift - its normally the other way round as if you gift it, its also much easier for you to pull it back too.
Steve X16XE

27th Mar 14 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The parts he's selling comes to £245. He's offered 10% off but I thought i'd be cheeky and say £200 and I'd pay over the phone. He's then come back saying as a gift.

So as a gift, I can still pull my money out if nothing arrives?
Rob_Quads

27th Mar 14 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah no sorry - wrong way round Doh - Gifts can never be got back so if it does not arrive your screwed
Steve X16XE

27th Mar 14 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that was my original thought.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Mar 14 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's 4% isn't it?
Steve
Premium Member

27th Mar 14 at 14:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always pay properly and add the fees on if they dont want to then they will be dodgy
Jimbothebarbarian

27th Mar 14 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Always pay properly and add the fees on if they dont want to then they will be dodgy

This, anyone selling and not willing to pay fees is a scammer, nobber or both. If they're haggling PayPal fees fuck them off.

[Edited on 27-03-2014 by Jimbothebarbarian]
gazza808

27th Mar 14 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbothebarbarian
quote:

This, anyone selling and not willing to pay fees is a scammer, nobber or both. If they're haggling PayPal fees fuck them off.

[Edited on 27-03-2014 by Jimbothebarbarian]

This it's quite common now tbh though

Every other add says pay a a gift or cover the fee's.
covering the fee's is normal when buying stuff overseas as well.

[Edited on 27-03-2014 by gazza808]
Steve X16XE

27th Mar 14 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was £20 then I'd not be too bothered but £200 is way too much just to let go.
Ben G

27th Mar 14 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've paid as a gift and stuff has arrived promptly, so they're not always taliban scammers.

But I would encourage you to pay the extra tenner or whatever to cover his fee's.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Mar 14 at 01:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I try to avoid fees where I can but that's because I'm selling and therefore I'm happy to keep more money.

If I was buying - I'd probably not risk it.

Where is he? Can one of us not go round with cash and pick the stuff up?
Graham88

28th Mar 14 at 03:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

What a ridiculous comment

I sell all the time and always ask people to send as a gift. Surprise surprise I'm not a scammer or a nobler and the buyers always get their items.
Jimbothebarbarian

28th Mar 14 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
quote:

What a ridiculous comment

I sell all the time and always ask people to send as a gift. Surprise surprise I'm not a scammer or a nobler and the buyers always get their items.

As a seller price to cover fees.

As a buyer don't send as a gift incase you get scammed or ripped or heaven forbid something just goes wrong.

Not hard is it. Not that ridiculous in my eyes. Nobber.
Steve X16XE

28th Mar 14 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I try to avoid fees where I can but that's because I'm selling and therefore I'm happy to keep more money.

If I was buying - I'd probably not risk it.

Where is he? Can one of us not go round with cash and pick the stuff up?

The guy's in Gatwick area - Godstone. It's a front bumper and a wing.

I have a mate who's working in Canterbury right now, but it'll not fit in his A8.

It's a 3.5 - 4 hour each way for me.

The parts are Silver and the car is silver. So no spraying needed. It's just my luck that it's so far away.

They do offer Free postage, but just want to know my money's going to be safe and I'm going to get what I wanted.
Generation

28th Mar 14 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually make a judgement call, I've never been scammed so must be doing something right.

On here I probably send 30% of money as a gift. If user is a regular member, paid for premium and sell if something for £20 it's worth the risk. I accept if I get scammed it's my fault, and I won't go crying to Ian.
In your situation I'd pay the fee. It'll more than likely be OK, but I wouldn't risk £200 for it
Toby
Premium Member

30th Mar 14 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think the seller has any issues with you paying differently, as long as he makes his £200 you can pay through any PayPal method.

I would be the same and I do the same. I take payment for stuff I rent out, via PayPal but you either pay as a gift or you cover Fee's.
alan-g-w

30th Mar 14 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sent a guy £550 for a set of wheels, I wasn't wanting to use PayPal since they were taking a cunt of a chunk out of it. I asked the guy if a bank transfer was OK, he said yes. For peace of mind I asked him to send me a picture with a piece of mail addressed to him (I had asked his name previously) sitting on top of the wheels, with the address clearly shown. Money was transferred with no charges and we were both happy.

[Edited on 30-03-2014 by alan-g-w]
Steve X16XE

8th Apr 14 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, after all the worrying, I did some maths, sent the money yesterday and it's arrived today! Very quick service.

Now i've just got to unwrap it and hope he sent the correct bits!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Quick Paypal fee question. 23 database queries in 0.0160720 seconds