corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » AVI files to itunes?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author AVI files to itunes?
Gaz

User status: Offline
19th Apr 14 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've 3 seasons of Peppa Pig downloaded for my little lad when we go on longer car journeys, about 110 episodes all of which I want to throw into iTunes to sync onto an iPhone.

Whats the best way of doing this?

We have been streaming from amazon instant but realising that data charges will soon become an issue. We also thought about simply buying the episodes from iTunes, but this isn't an avenue we want to go down as it's about a tenner per season and we would have to buy them twice to have them on both mine and the mrs' phones.
andy_mk3

19th Apr 14 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Program called Handbrake will transcode them to something itunes friendly.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Apr 14 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that. I forget the exact name but there's an app called something like extreme movie player. It'll let you upload avis straight onto the iPad and play any codec.
jamied

20th Apr 14 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vlc for ipad
Balling
Premium Member

20th Apr 14 at 07:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
we would have to buy them twice to have them on both mine and the mrs' phones.
Why not just run the same account on both? My wife and I run one shared iTunes account to avoid paying twice for anything.

Obviously the other mentioned solutions makes more sense in this case.

Gaz

20th Apr 14 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We used to run the same account but at the time she was downloading all sorts of absolute shite, and our contacts mixed which caused confusion if we had two contacts if the same name.

Another alternative would be to find a cheap screen which can play directly from a USB stick.
Rob_Quads

20th Apr 14 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't need to share an account to share apps. Thats exactly what HomeSharing is designed for. Sharing apps between the family.

I've shared all my apps to my wifes account - completely separate iTunes and phone accounts but the same paid apps.
Dom

20th Apr 14 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamied
Vlc for ipad

Yup, grab VLC for iOS and then you can either upload using itunes or the built in web uploader.
Balling
Premium Member

20th Apr 14 at 09:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
We used to run the same account but at the time she was downloading all sorts of absolute shite, and our contacts mixed which caused confusion if we had two contacts if the same name.
You can run separate iCloud accounts (contacts, calendar, backup etc) but the sam iTunes account (apps, music, video etc).

As for your missus downloading shit, just turn off automatic download of new purchases.

Balling
Premium Member

20th Apr 14 at 09:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
You don't need to share an account to share apps. Thats exactly what HomeSharing is designed for.
Home Sharing only works iTunes to iTunes, not iDevice to iDevice, unless I've missed something?

Gaz

20th Apr 14 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The solution I've used is to download VLC for iOS, upload my series to Dropbox, download the episodes to VLC and then save locally to my device (space limited so selected episodes manually)

Quite simple in the end, and free! Thanks for all of your help.
Dom

20th Apr 14 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
The solution I've used is to download VLC for iOS, upload my series to Dropbox, download the episodes to VLC and then save locally to my device (space limited so selected episodes manually)

Quite simple in the end, and free! Thanks for all of your help.

Why not tranfer locally using the built in web upload or itunes? Saves fannying around with dropbox.
Rob_Quads

20th Apr 14 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
You don't need to share an account to share apps. Thats exactly what HomeSharing is designed for.
Home Sharing only works iTunes to iTunes, not iDevice to iDevice, unless I've missed something?

Correct it does but nothing to stop you signing into the AppStore on the other phone to download your apps and then letting her sign back in. Works perfectly if you can't do it via iTunes
A2H GO

22nd Apr 14 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Until you need to update the app and can't or sync and they all disappear.
Rob_Quads

22nd Apr 14 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?

When you need to update it prompts for the owners password i.e. my password so I just put it in. If she's updating other apps then you click cancel it leaves the old version and just carrys on

Not had a single problem of an app disappearing from the wifes phone that I purchased

New Poll