corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Domain & email forwarding help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Domain & email forwarding help
deano87

User status: Offline
5th May 14 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I have finally completed the update of Dad's website onto WordPress - http://www.akbrickwork.co.uk

The domain is registered with 123-reg and I have pointed the DNS to Vidahost's DNS. It seems this has propagated across the internet just fine.

However in the 123-reg Control Panel, I set up adam@akbrickwork.co.uk and info@akbrickwork.co.uk to forward to dad's work Hotmail account. I have just run a test and nothing is being delivered.

Now that the domain is pointing towards Vidahosts servers, would I need to set this forwarding up in my cPanel as opposed to 123-reg?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th May 14 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to setup the MX record for your domain, if 123-reg are hosting the mail forwarder you may well need to point the MX record to them.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th May 14 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

code:

> set type=mx
> akbrickwork.co.uk
Server: 127.0.1.1
Address: 127.0.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
akbrickwork.co.uk mail exchanger = 0 akbrickwork.co.uk.

deano87

5th May 14 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Being honest willay, you just confused me

All I've done is deleted the forwarding in the 123-reg control panel, and set it up in the cPanel for Vidahost. Seems to be working!

New Poll