corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rear discs on a B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rear discs on a B
Jonny2820

User status: Offline
7th May 14 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need help! Thinking of doing a rear disc conversion on my corsa B anyone any ideas of how I do this
And if so where I can get parts from? Also In need of 2L brake set up for the front ?!

[Edited on 07-05-2014 by Ian]
Generation

7th May 14 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you want rear discs?
wyley

7th May 14 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a stab at this Jon
I'll be running cavalier 5 stud rear disc set up from the info I've gathered up this is my plan
You need to get the plates cut off your rear beam and new adapter plates available from mtec and tx auto sport welded on
These allow you to bolt the hubs straight on
For handbrake I'm using cables from a mk2 Astra gte
And you need to run a line from the mastercylinder to the rear beam where you split it for each side
You also need a adjustable bias valve recommend to set up on a brake testing machine to 8% braking iirc which goes between the master cylinder and where it splits have mine hidden in wheelwell
Also I'm running rear discs for looks and for my wheels
But most say it's pointless as most braking is done by front and the rear drums are efficient enough for most applications hence the smart comment above

[Edited on 07-05-2014 by wyley]
SteveoBC
Premium Member

7th May 14 at 23:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or quicker way would be to get a corsa c sri 1.8 rear beam as its a straight swap
Col004

8th May 14 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best way is to convert the standard beam but make sure everything is true. If it’s not it will be picked up on tracking and cause unessarsary tire wear.

You also will need to fit with an inline bias valve or they will lock the arse end up on heavy braking. (NOT GOOD)

As Steve says above. The easiest way is to fit a Corsa C rear beam but you will also need Corsa C rear dampers as the Corsa B ones don’t fit the beam.

You can also buy adapter plates for a Corsa C rear brake setup to fit a Corsa B beam.

The down side to going any of the above Corsa C route is the rear end track is wider and wheel and tire choice will be a nightmare as when you lower the car it can scrub more.

[Edited on 08-05-2014 by Col004]
Crana

8th May 14 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just get the hubs off a corsa c like this...

carl roper

8th May 14 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What handbrake cables are you using on yours? Im using the full c beam so bought c handbrake cables but i havnt got any of the old handbrake bits that where on ir
Crana

9th May 14 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using mk4 astra cables and a custom bracket
smcGSI16V

10th May 14 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better of spending your money on something more worth while than a pointless rear disc conversion, which will do nothing than look pretty and you can say to all your mates I have rear discs. Whoopy do.

A completely pointless mod, the rear drums are just fine.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rear discs on a B 23 database queries in 0.0121891 seconds