corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » K&N on 1.2 16v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author K&N on 1.2 16v
Virtue

User status: Offline
12th May 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just got a K&N 57i for my Corsa B SXi 1.2 16v, and although it makes a little bit of induction noise, it isn't really audible / loud.

Sure, I do have an exhaust system which sort of overpowers the sound of the induction kit but my mate's 1.4 16v MG ZR has a Pipercross which roars (esp. at around 4000RPM). How do i get it loud??????

Also where the hell do I route the cold air feed pipe to? It just ain't long enough!!!!

Any ideas/help?! Thanks people

[Edited on 12-05-2003 by Virtue]
Sam
Premium Member

12th May 03 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a small engine, what do you expect! It won't make a Scooby kind of noise like the 1.4/1.6 engines do.

When I used to have my Corsa I had 3 cold air feeds going to it at one point! I'll try and post a pic for you when I get home!
Cybermonkey

12th May 03 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All cars react differently to induction kits. Some are MEGA loud, some are barely noticable. This is mostly down to the engine size and setup. Like Sam said, go for more airfeeds.
Sam
Premium Member

12th May 03 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must have spent so much money experimenting with different ways to force cold air to the induction cone on my Corsa. Piece of shit car that it was!
Sparco

13th May 03 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the same engine and same K&N and mine made litterally no difference at all either, waste of 60 quid me thinks!

SParco

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » K&N on 1.2 16v 24 database queries in 0.0097899 seconds